Thirty-Four: An Old Friend

The gang is in class the next day watching a video documentary on A Thousand Paths to Tranquility. The video was recommended by Reina stating that everyone has anger issues and needs to focus on controlling his and her chi. She even tried getting Zhang to meditate with her but the bored Nakamura kept falling asleep in the midst of the exercise.

Shouyu is taking notes knowing that Jinzo-sensei is bound to give them a quiz after the movie is over. Riku uses his cell phone to record it. His reason is to give it to his cousin Mirai due to her poor anger management skills.

The principal voice booms through the intercom somewhat startling a few of the students.

"Attention. Will Shouyu and Riku Takari please report to the principal's office. You have a visitor."

The twins looks at each other with puzzled expressions matching their friends..

They get up and walk down the hallways towards the office. Riku looks at Shouyu.

"So, who do you think our surprise guest is?"

Shouyu shrugs, "No idea. Can't be mom or dad because they're still in Paris. Aunt Kurenai and Uncle Asuma had to stay in Konoha because their was some kind of threat on the Hokage or something."

"Maybe its Boruto."

"Doubt it. Uncle Naruto wouldn't dare let him leave with the trouble brewing."

"Yeah good point."

Shouyu stops and stares wide eyed. Riku looks at him in confusion before looking in the same direction. He too stares wide eyed at the individual before him.

Standing there is a young man with medium brown skin and long dreadlocks flowing down his back as he looks up at the Wall of Fame near the trophy case.

"Hmm...I wonder if my dad knows they have his mugshot posted in the Hall of Fame? Mom probably threatened him to take the photo. I can almost hear the curse words radiating from his glare at the camera."

The young man begins to laugh to himself as the Takari twins stare in shock and utter disbelief. Shouyu comes to and walks towards the dread head.  "Umm...is that really you..." Shouyu is cut off by brown eyes locking with his for the first time in over ten years. "Shou...Rik...we've been friends too long for you guys to get starstruck around me."

Riku scoffs and rolls his eyes before embracing the young man in a brotherly fashion.

Shouyu still looks in disbelief. "Tru? Is that really you?"

The guy open his arms, "In the flesh."

Shouyu hugs he and Riku's longtime friend. "What are you doing here?" "Well, I wanted to make a surprise visit to you guys. How's it going"

Riku shrugs. "Makes sense to me. It's almost lunch time and the whole gang is going to be there. Care to join?"

Tru hunches his shoulders. "Might as well. It's been a few years since I've seen everyone anyway. By the way, is Zhang still a prick?"

Shouyu and Riku burst out laughing while nodding. Tru deadpans, "That guy never changes."

The three laugh as they walk into the lunch room. As soon as they walk in, fan girls start gawking at Tru. He facepalms and continues walking on with his friends.

"Trumaine!!!!!" a loud voice squeals from behind them. Tru turns and opens his arms knowing he's about to be tackled. Pink and black hair cloud his vision. He chuckles at the girls, "Glad to see you too Reina and Izzy."

He hears a gasp behind him and turns towards it. He locks eyes with the one person he's been missing for the last couple of years. They were close. Real close. Until the tragedy that separated them.

Tru walks towards the shocked brunette and hugs her tightly. "Hey Keiri. I missed you."

Keiri's eyes swell as tears begin streaming down her cheeks. She hugs Tru tightly as if he's going to leave her again. "I've missed you so much. You have no idea how much."

Jai walks up and sees the situation and gets pissed. "Uh...what the hell is this?!"

Tru laughs at Jai. "You ruined the moment jockstrap."

Jai recognizes the voice. "Oh god. Seriously?! You! Of all people!"

Tru laughs and walks over to bump fists with his longtime rival/friend. "I came to visit you guys. My parents are meeting with my aunt and uncle about me transferring back to school here next semester."

Keiri grabs him, "Really? Is this really happening?"

Tru laughs, "Missed your cousin that much?" Keiri blushes in embarrassment and folds her arms turning away from him and pouts. "Stupid bastard."

The gang laughs and Tru sees Amari walk up with Zhang. Amari smiles and hugs her former scholastic teammate. Tru looks at her then at Shouyu. Amari blushes and Tru stares at Shouyu with an evil smirk.

Shouyu notices and backs away.

Before Tru can say anything Zhang speaks up, "Woohoo...the prodigal asshole has returned."

Tru glares at him, "Anyone ever told you that you personality is like a cement block?"

Zhang scoffs, "Reina tells me that daily."

Tru rolls his eyes, "I see you're still fisting yourself before you go to bed at night."

The gang laughs.

Zhang scowls, "I see you're still wearing your tutu while standing in a mirror dancing to Lord of the Rings."

Tru laughs, "Says the guy that we caught doing a headstand in a leotard." The guys burst out to laughing but Zhang fumes. He clenches his fists. "One of these days. I will break you."

Tru chuckles and pats his back. "Nice try though Nakamura."

Amari sits beside Shouyu and then looks at Tru. "Haven't seen you in years. How's everything been?"

Tru steals one of Ezra's fries off her tray earning a glare from her. "Well, first off I'm sorry for disappearing on you guys. I was going through a lot."

Reina pats his back. "Aww. No problem. By the way, where is that hot bother of yours? Is he still married?"

Tru gets quiet. He takes a deep breath and forces a smile. "Zhang. Tell your dad thanks for not telling anyone."

Zhang nods bearing a similar expression as Tru. Reina looks back and forth between them. "What do you mean Tru?" Keiri also looks confused. "Yeah. What's he talking about Zhang?"

Zhang looks up quietly and looks at everyone. He then looks at Reina. "Sorry. But it wasn't my place to tell."

Tru stops everyone, "Hey it wasn't Zhang's fault. What happened was supposed to be under wraps and kept secret because of my well-being."

They all look at Tru confused. Keiri asks while shaking. "Tru...w-what exactly h-happened t-to D-deuce?"

Tru takes a deep breath and runs his fingers through his long dreadlocks unintentionally earning some whistles and giggles from passing girls. Shouyu and Riku facepalm. Jai rolls his eyes and Zhang chuckles. Tru looks at him, "I am so going to hate the rest of this year."

Tru tells everyone. "There's a seminar after lunch and guess who the guest speaker is?"

The gang stares wide eyed.

Tru nods knowing they caught on. "Today you hear the truth. The whole truth. Today, you hear the tragic story of my brother."