01. Old Friends

I stepped out of my house, heading for my car. I was going to meet up with Amanda, an old friend of mine. We haven't seen each other in about six months and we missed each other so much. Amanda was my best friend.

I drove to the cafe we were meeting. It was the place that Amanda and I actually met at and we went there every time we hung out. It was a great cafe.

It took forever for me to find a parking spot, but I found a spot. I got out and went to the cafe. I stepped in and looked around. Amanda was sitting at a table with a man. The man had long hair and a full beard. He was attractive, to be honest.

As I went up to them, Amanda noticed me and smiled, waving. I waved back and sat down.

"Hey, Amanda!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, Mahjabeen!" Amanda exclaimed, standing up to hug me. She looked back at the guy. "This is Elton, my boyfriend. You guys haven't met yet."

I held out my hand. "I'm Mahjabeen, Amanda's best friend."

Elton shook my hand. "I'm Elton, Amanda's boyfriend. We've been dating for a few years now."

I looked over at Amanda. "And you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend?"

"Sorry!" Amanda exclaimed. "I forgot!"

"We've been friends for five years, Amanda," I said.

Amanda just shrugged. "Sorry, Mahjabeen."

I shrugged as well and turned to Elton, smiling at him. "So what do you do, Elton?"

Elton sighed. "I do YouTube videos. Like urban exploration and pranks."

"Cool!" I exclaimed. "I do YouTube videos as well. I do stuff kinda like that."

Elton beamed. "Maybe we could do a collab!"

"Maybe!"

"Mahja, don't steal my boyfriend," Amanda teased.

Elton and I laughed.

"Trust me, Amanda, I'm not interested at the moment," I replied. "Besides, he's yours. I'm no boyfriend stealer."

We ended up talking for a while. I actually got to know Elton a lot better. He was really nice and funny. No wonder Amanda really liked him.

After a while, we decided to walk around. Today was a nice, sunny in LA and it was perfect for walking around. There were so many people out and it was wonderful to be in the sun. Though, I started to sweat a lot since I was completely covered in clothes.

We soon got to the pier and we played some games. We messed around and had so much fun. We ended up at the end of the pier. We sat down and watched the sunset, taking in every bit of beauty.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I said.

Amanda and Elton agreed and we watched the sun go down. We watched until we couldn't anymore. We all got up and left the pier. Amanda and Elton walked me to my car.

I hugged Amanda. "I missed you, Amanda! I had so much fun!"

"Me too!" Amanda exclaimed. "You're so much fun!"

"Thanks!" I replied.

"Yeah, it was really cool meeting you," Elton said, sticking out a hand. "I'd like to make an exploration video one day."

I thought for a second. "I'm free this weekend. Are you doing anything or are you free?"

Elton nodded, his eyes furrowing. "I could do that. Where do you want to go?"