11. Lazy Day

I woke up with Elton gone. I groaned and stretched. I grabbed my phone to check it. After a few minutes of scrolling through my phone, I got up. I fixed my hijab before going downstairs.

Elton was making breakfast while dancing and humming to himself. He was shirtless and I watched his back muscles ripple. I leaned against the island and watched Elton.

He was humming some love song. Elton soon started singing softly to himself. He got even into it, sliding around and shaking his hips.

I couldn't help myself any longer before I burst out laughing. Elton turned around with a horrified look on his face.

He soon joined my laughter and walked over to me. Elton wrapped his arms around me, rocking us back and forth. He kissed me softly.

I kissed back, placing a hand on the side of Elton's head. We kissed each other slowly. We pulled away and Elton buried his head into my shoulder. I buried my fingers into his hair.

"Good morning, Mahja," Elton murmured softly.

"Good morning, dear," I replied.

Elton pulled away. "Are you hungry? I made breakfast."

I nodded and we walked over to the stove. Elton handed me a plate and filled it with food. After he filled his plate, Elton led me to the couches. We sat down and ate.

We talked about anything and everything as we ate. It felt nice to sit down with Elton and talk to him. I felt like we hadn't down that before and it was great to do it. Good relationships were built on deep talks and trust.

After breakfast, I helped Elton clean up and we went back up to Elton's room. We sat on his bed and Elton grabbed his computer. He logged in and started working. I cuddled up against him and watched him edit some videos.

Soon I got bored and pulled out my phone. I started listening to music as I went through my phone. I stayed cuddled up with Elton.

Elton soon tapped my leg. "Are you hungry?"

I looked at the time. "Yeah. I didn't realize it was so late."

Elton closed his laptop and got up from the bed. "Let's go fix ourselves something then."

I followed Elton out of the room. We went down to the kitchen. Sam and Colby were down there filming a video. Elton and I threw some stuff together for lunch and ate in the kitchen.

Elton took a sip of his drink. "What do you want for dinner?"

I snorted. "We're just now eating lunch, Elton. Why are you thinking about dinner?"

Elton shrugged. "I just want to know what you want."

"I could make something," I offered. "Mi mamá taught me how to cook."

"You know Spanish?" Elton asked.

I nodded. "My mom is Spanish and my dad is Arabic. They taught me Arabic and Spanish. It's actually nice being trilingual."

"I would assume so," Elton said. "I would never know though."

"I could teach you how to speak Spanish," I offered. "It's not that hard. I promise."

"Says the girl who speaks three languages!" Elton exclaimed.

I laughed. "Whatever. The offer still stands. I'm not a good teacher but I can try."

"When I meet your parents," Elton said, "I could talk to your mom in Spanish."

"That'd be nice," I said. "Do you want to start?"

Elton nodded. "How do you say 'how are you?'"

I swallowed a bite of food. "If you're talking to someone older than you, say, my parents, then you say 'Como está?' If you're talking to someone who's more your age than you say 'Como estás?"

"What's the difference?" Elton asked.

"Está is he, she, and you formal and estás is an informal you," I replied. "It is really easy to conjugate words, I promise."

Elton nodded. "Okay. You can teach me later."

I nodded. We finished our food and cleaned up. We went back to Elton's room and got back on his bed. I cuddled up against Elton as he grabbed his computer. He continued editing some of his videos.

We talked some as he worked. I gave him advice for editing and we talked about life. Eventually, Elton finished editing and faced me. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss.

"I love you, Mahja," Elton murmured.

"I love you too, Elton," I replied softly.

"I want to be with for a while longer, Mahja," Elton said, placing a hand on my hip. "You're a great person and I want you around. You make me happy."

I grabbed Elton's hand and squeezed it. "You make me happy too. I love being around you. You make me feel like I can do anything. I feel grounded. Like I finally have a home I can be with."

Elton entangled his fingers with mine and pressed it against his chest. "I couldn't agree more, dear. I love you, Mahja. You're the calm to my storm."

I smiled. "Thanks. You're too kind."

"It's true, Mahja." Elton kissed my hand. "I love you."

"I love you too, Elton."

"Do you want to go out to dinner?" Elton asked.

I nodded. "That sounds great to me. Let's go. I'm hungry."