05. Date?

I leaned up against Elton's gate, waiting for him to come out. I was looking at my phone when I heard nails clicking and a dog collar jingle. I looked up to see Circa, Elton's dog run towards me. She was wagging her tail excitedly.

"Hi, Circa!" I exclaimed, sticking my hand through the gate. Circa sniffed my hand and licked it.

Elton came out a few moments later. He let me in and gave me a hug, squeezing me tightly.

"Hey, Mahja," Elton greeted, burying his head into my shoulder.

"Hey," I greeted. I pulled back and looked Elton in the face. "Are you alright?"

Elton nodded. "Yeah. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"Are you sure?"

Elton wrapped an arm around me and we started walking for the door. "Yes, I am. Don't worry."

"I kinda feel like you're trying to comfort me," I said, "not the other way around."

Elton laughed as he opened the door. "I guess it does. I'm sorry if it feels like that."

"Don't feel sorry, Elton," I said, entering the house first.

Elton followed behind me. "It's okay. Do you want something to eat?"

I followed Elton into the kitchen. "Yeah. I'm starving. I haven't eaten since this morning."

Elton opened his fridge. "Well, you're in luck. I have food."

"Good." I hopped onto the couch. "I've always wanted a man who has a lot of food."

Elton laughed. "Love you too. Didn't know you were so shallow."

I kicked Elton softly. "Stop. I just love food so much."

"More than me?"

I scoffed. "What's to love when there wasn't love in the first place?"

Elton turned and glared at me. I laughed and leaned back. Elton stared back at me, smirking to himself. He shook his head and looked away.

Elton pulled out a Tupperware and opened it. "Do you feel like spaghetti?"

"Sure," I said. "I love spaghetti."

Elton put the Tupperware in the microwave and leaned against the counter across from me.

"Don't you have a roommate?" Elton asked.

"Trying to hook up so quickly after breaking up with Amanda?" I asked.

Elton glared at me. "No. I was just going to see if you could bring her around. I've never seen or met her. What's her name?"

"Aviva."

"That's a nice name, but yours is better," Elton said. "How do you pronounce it? Your entire name?"

"Mahjabeen."

Elton had to pronounce it a couple times before he actually got it right. The microwave beeped once and I jumped. We didn't hear it the first time.

Elton pulled out the food and put two servings on two different plates. He handed me one and hopped on the counter across from me.

Corey came in and greeted us. He made himself some food and left. I glanced and he was giving me a smile. I smiled back and flashed the peace sign. Elton laughed. His face was the cutest thing ever.

I finished before him and started cleaning my plate. Elton grabbed my wrist. I looked up at him.

"I'll take that for you," Elton said lowly.