21. Out On The Town

"Mahjabeen!" Elton yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back.

Elton and I were going out to dinner and I wanted to look nice. I spun around and smiled at myself. I looked hella nice.

 I looked hella nice

I went downstairs. Elton was by the door, waiting. We left and Elton drove us to the restaurant. He got out first and he opened the car door for me. I smiled and gave him a kiss as I got out. Elton closed the door and wrapped an arm around my waist. He kissed my cheek, holding me tightly.

We entered the restaurant and got seated. I looked up at Elton and he was giving me the most in love look ever.

I smiled and blushed. "Stop looking at me like that, Elton."

"I love you though, Mahjabeen," Elton said. "You're so beautiful and I want to be with you forever."

I smiled and fixed my hijab. "Thanks, Elton. I want to be with you forever too."

Elton smiled and stared at me for a moment longer, a sparkle in his eyes. I've never had someone look at me like this and it was great to know someone like Elton loved me so dearly. We ordered our meal and our conversation started flowing easily. I rested my head on my hand and smiled at Elton. He mimicked my position and I laughed.

"Elton, you're an idiot," I exclaimed.

"But I'm your idiot," Elton responded.

I shook my head, chuckling. "Whatever. Are you going on any trips soon?"

"Oh, I was meaning to tell you," Elton said. "I'm doing like a summer camp kind of thing where I'm taking a bunch of people to New Zealand. I was wondering if you wanted to come. I know you mentioned you wanted to go."

"Of course!" I replied. "I've always wanted to go. I've actually been saving up money but I just haven't gone. I'll go."

Elton smiled. "Of course you would. I'll make arrangements. It'll be fun and Jay'll be there. Have you met Jay yet?"

I tilted my head to the side slightly. "I might have seen him in passing, though I'm not actually sure I've talked to him."

"I'm having him over later tonight," Elton commented. "You can meet him then."

I unwrapped my utensils. "Sounds like a great idea. Why is he coming over?"

"We just wanted to hang out, if that's alright."

I nodded. "If I can hang out with my friends then you can hang out with yours. I won't throw a fit about it."

Elton smiled. "Cool. We were just going to hang around and do whatever."

I smiled. "Sounds fun."

"It's going to." Elton unwrapped his utensils too. "I'm going to a trampoline park this weekend. You wanna go?"

"Most definitely," I said. "When are we going?"

"Friday night," Elton replied. "I thought it would be a good time because you wouldn't have work and my roommates probably wouldn't have much to do anyway."

"Okay," I said. "What do you want to do after dinner?"

"We could go for a walk," Elton suggested.

Our food came.

I took a bite. "That sounds fun. Let's do it. I like walks."

After we finished, Elton paid and we left. I tucked my arm in Elton's and admired the view of LA. Elton and I talked about our future and other cheesy stuff like that.

A group of guys were heading towards us. They stared at me as they passed by. I met their gaze, setting my jaw. One of them nodded in my direction.

Elton and I passed them. We found a bench to sit on. I snuggled up against him, holding onto his hand. Elton wrapped an arm around me.

"Darling, you look perfect," Elton mumbled.

I grinned and looked up at Elton. "I think you're perfect too, honey."

Elton smiled. He leaned in and kissed me. Our lips slowly moved and I pressed a little harder, placing a hand on his cheek. Elton placed a hand on my waist.

Elton pulled away and grinned. "Do you want to head back to our house?"

I smiled. "Of course."

Elton and I returned home and I went upstairs. I unwrapped my hijab and tossed it on the bed when I got into the room.

"Mahjabeen!" Elton called.

"Yes?" I yelled back.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Elton asked.

I ran a hand through my hair, heading for the stairs. "Sure. Which one?"

"What Happened to Monday," Elton said. "It's great, trust me."

I got to the bottom of the stairs. "Okay. Let's watch it."

Elton and I went into the living room. We sat down and I cuddled against Elton. He pulled me close and kissed my forehead. We were halfway through the movie before I drifted off.

Before I fell asleep, Elton murmured, "I'm going to marry you someday, Mahja. I promise you that."