23. Hiking

I woke up with Elton's arms around me, holding me tightly. I sighed and pressed my face against his chest, breathing deeply. Elton smelled amazing and it relaxed me a bit. I've been around Elton for almost a year and a half. He's the one I want to be with.

Elton woke up a few minutes after I did. He gave me a cracked smile and kissed me.

"Good morning, Mahjabeen," Elton murmured huskily. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good," I replied. "Ready for our hike?"

Elton grinned. "Of course. Are you?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Who's making breakfast?"

Elton sat up. "I am. I'll see you downstairs."

Elton left the room. I got up and changed before going downstairs. Elton was cooking breakfast, Colby and Sam standing with him.

I greeted them as I hopped onto the counter. Breakfast was finished soon and Elton handed me a plate. We ate and when I finished, I went upstairs to grab a scarf. I went into the bathroom to get ready.

I wrapped the scarf around my head, checking myself out in the mirror. My ass looked great in the pair of pants I was wearing. I was dressed casually and I looked lovely.

I put my phone in my pocket and went downstairs

I put my phone in my pocket and went downstairs. Elton was in the kitchen, packing for our hike. I gave him a kiss and sat on the counter.

Elton and I had been dating for a year and a half. I loved him so much. My parents loved him too and I was so glad. They treated him like a son.

His parents loved me too. They treated me so kindly and they talked to me all the time. They treated me like a daughter.

Elton pushed himself between my legs, placing his hands on either side of my hips. He smiled at me, leaning in close.

"I love you, Mahjabeen," Elton said. "I hope you know that."

I ran my hands through Elton's hair. "I do. I love you a lot too, Elton."

Elton slid his hands under my thighs and picked me up. I screamed and held onto Elton's neck. He spun me around and set me down keeping an arm around my waist. Elton stared down in my eyes, grinning like a madman.

I pecked his lips. "I love you, idiot."

Elton laughed. "I love you too, my queen."

I rolled my eyes. "Let me down. We should go."

Elton nodded and grabbed the picnic basket. We left the house and we drove to Griffith Park, which had a great view of the Hollywood Sign.

Elton parked and we started walking uphill. We found a patch of grass on a hill to take pictures.

"Hey, Elton," I said. "Take a picture of me facing the city, alright?"

"Of course, honey," Elton said.

I turned around and looked over the city. I struck a few poses before I heard Elton say my name. I turned around and Elton was on one knee, holding a small box.

I covered my mouth and almost started crying. The ring was so pretty. It was simple but it was great. I reached out and Elton placed the ring on my finger.

He stood up and kissed me, placing both hands on my face. I clutched Elton's shirt, kissing him deeply. He traced my cheek softly.

Elton pulled away, breathing heavily. "I love you, Mahja. So much, darling. You're the love of my life."

I smiled, placing a hand on his cheek. "I know. I love you too. I love the ring by the way."

Elton laughed. "I know. You were the one who picked it out after all."

I laughed. "I know. It's lovely."

"Just like you," Elton complimented, his face a few inches from mine. He grinned and bent down, wrapping his arms around my waist. He picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder. I screeched and pounded on Elton's back.

Elton laughed as he jogged down the hillside with me over his shoulder. I laughed with him, clutching the back of his shirt.

Eventually, Elton set me down and kissed me. I buried my hands in Elton's hair, pulling him close. Elton bit my bottom lip as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He bent down a little and picked me up.

I giggled into the kiss and ran my fingers over Elton's cheek. I loved this man. He was the one I wanted to marry.

Elton set me down and we continued down the mountain, hand in hand. When we got to the car, Elton kissed my cheek before going to the other side.

He took my hand in his as we headed home. I turned on the radio and started singing along. Elton laughed and started singing along. I couldn't wait for the rest of my life.