22. Trampolines

*There's a reference to one of my other books, Smiles and Rain, in this book. It's a fanfic of Jay Walker and has the same characters and, of course, a different storyline. If you want to read it, you can. *

I sat in the car with Elton, waiting for Jay to come out to the car. I had barely met Jay and I was excited to do so. Elton talked so much about Jay and it was all nice things. The back door opened and Jay climbed in.

I turned around and smiled at him. "I'm Mahjabeen, Elton's girlfriend. I don't think we've met before."

Jay smiled back and shook my hand. "I'm Jay. It's nice to meet you. You're just like Elton described."

I sat back in my car. "Hopefully all nice things."

Elton grabbed my hand. "I wouldn't say anything less, Mahjabeen. Jay, how's your girlfriend doing?"

"JJ is doing alright," Jay said. "I'll be going down there soon, actually."

"Where she from?" I asked.

"New Zealand," Jay replied. "I love her a lot. We met while we were exploring the Suicide Forest."

"Love story of the century, my dude," I said.

Jay laughed. "I love her though. You should meet her."

"Do you have a picture?" I asked.

A few seconds later, Jay handed me his phone. There was a picture a lovely looking woman with tanned skin, dark brown hair, and a pretty face. Her smile was the kind that lit up the room and I could imagine her laugh was musical.

I handed Jay's phone back. "She's really pretty. She seems like a really cool person."

"She is," Jay agreed. "I love her a lot."

"Aww," I said. "That's so cute. I hope it works out."

Jay smiled shyly. "Yeah, I hope so. She's so adorable. I love her."

I looked over at Elton. He met my gaze and winked. I rolled my eyes and faced the window in front of me. Elton let go of my hand and placed a hand on my thigh, squeezing it.

I entangled my fingers with his and stared out the window. We drove all the way to Tempest, the trampoline park Elton was taking us to.

We got out and went inside. Elton introduced me to Corbin, one of his friends and a worker at Tempest.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"Jump around and act like idiots next to Corbin," Elton replied.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"He's a world-class athlete," Elton exclaimed. "He's good at this kind of stuff."

Corbin smiled shyly. "It's true."

"Well, show me your secrets," I said.

Corbin laughed. We started jumping around and Corbin taught me some tricks. I had so much fun.

Eventually, I got tired and sat at the edge of one of the platforms. Jay came up and sat beside me.

"What do you do as a job?" Jay asked.

"I'm a mechanic," I replied. "What do you do?"

"I'm a comedian," Jay replied.

"Really?" I said. "I love comedians."

"Who's your favorite?" Jay asked.

"Gabriel Iglesias."

"He's pretty funny," Jay said. "How did you and Elton meet?"

I laughed curtly. "Funny story. I knew his ex-girlfriend, Amanda, and Elton and I became friends after that. We started dating after they broke up, of course."

"You guys are cute," Jay said. "He seems to like you."

"I hope so," I said. "We've been dating for a while now."

"He looks at you like you're everything," Jay said. "He didn't really do that with Amanda. You're the one he's going to marry."

I laughed. "You think?"

"Of course!" Jay exclaimed. "He never stops talking about you and how much he loves you."

I giggled. "I love him too. He's the kind of person that only comes along every once and a while. I'm glad I met him."

"I understand," Jay said. "I love JJ, my girlfriend. She has the most wonderful smile ever and the most beautiful eyes. I love her so much. I've actually been thinking of proposing to her."

I looked at Jay with a smile on my face. "Really? How long until you do?"

Jay shrugged. "I leave to visit her in November. I was planning on doing it then. She's the one, I know it."

I grinned, laughing softly. "You should go for it. If you love her so much, then you should marry her."

Jay returned my grin. "I am. JJ is going to my wife. I hope Elton makes you his."

I nodded. "I kinda hope do too. Do you want to keep jumping?"

Jay nodded. "Of course."

Jay helped me stand up and we joined Elton and Corbin. Jay was such a wonderful guy and I wanted to know him better.

We were at Tempest until they closed. We all climbed back into Elton's car, heading back to Elton's place. Jay ended up spending the night at Elton's. It was great to spend even more time with Jay.