13. Skating

I stood in the bathroom, yanking out the tangles in my hair. Once my hair was brushed out and put it up in a bun. I put on a pair of overalls and slipped into a shirt that said QUEEN on it. I wrapped a black hijab around my head and slid on my glasses.

 I wrapped a black hijab around my head and slid on my glasses

I went downstairs to join Elton. He handed me a plate with waffles with Nutella. I sat down and Elton sat across from me.

We ate and once we finished and cleaned up, we left for the rollerskating rink. I kicked back in the car and jammed out to the radio. I screamed out the lyrics and Elton laughed at me.

We got to the rollerskating rink and went inside. Elton paid and I put on my skates. I was already skating around when Elton joined me. He looked like a newborn giraffe.

I laughed at him as I skated backward. "You're so bad at this, Elton."

Elton glared at me. "Shut up, Magna."

I laughed at my nickname. "You're just mad you aren't good."

Elton rolled his eyes. I smiled and did a spin. I skated ahead and did a figure eight. I waited for Elton to catch up before I started skating again.

Elton grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. I stayed steady and soon Elton was skating with ease. We laughed and enjoyed ourselves.

After a few rounds, Elton and I sat down to rest. I rested my head on his shoulder and took one of Elton's hands. Elton turned and my head.

I smiled. "You're a great boyfriend, Elton."

"You're a great girlfriend, Mahja," Elton responded.

"I know."

Elton chuckled. "Do you wanna continue skating?"

"Of course."

Elton got up and helped me up. I slipped but Elton caught me. Our faces were a few inches away from each other. Elton scanned my face, his eyes unreadable.

I leaned in and kissed him. Elton kissed back and grabbed my face. I smiled as our lips moved together. Elton's beard tickled my face but I didn't mind. I loved beards.

We pulled away and smiled at each other. We continued skating for a while longer before leaving. We walked through the parking lot, hand in hand, laughing our asses off.

Elton took me out to dinner. After that, we returned to his house. We went up to his room and sat on his bed. Elton cuddled up against me and held my hands.

"Did you have fun today?" I asked.

Elton nodded. "I did. Did you?"

I nodded. "I liked going with you. You're fun to be around."

"So are you," Elton murmured.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Elton held me closely. I fell asleep in his arm, Elton singing softly to me.