09. Date Night

I danced on my own in my room. I was getting ready for a date with Elton but I was basically procrastinating. I was already mostly done but had a few things left to do. Like pick out the perfect jacket and match my hijab with the rest of my clothes.

I grabbed a leather jacket and a dark blue scarf. I wrapped it around my head and tied it securely in the back. I picked up my phone and opened my messages with Elton.

Are you ready? - Elton

Yeah. Are you almost here? - Me

I'm five minutes away. See you soon, boo - Elton

I smiled and turned my phone off. I left my room and went into the kitchen. Aviva was gone and I was left alone.

I slid across the wood floor and kept dancing. As I spun around, I pulled out my phone. It was Elton again.

I'm outside - Elton

Coming - Me

I grabbed my backpack and slipped on my shoes. I left my apartment building and found Elton's car. I climbed inside and greeted Elton.

Elton smiled at me. "Hey, Mahja!"

I giggled. "Hey, Elton."

Elton took my hand and squeezed. I squeezed back and played with his fingers. Elton drove us through LA and stopped at a restaurant near the beach. We went inside and sat down.

We sat there for a while, enjoying each other as we ate. Elton was such a nice person and I liked him a lot. I'm glad I met him.

"Mahja?"

"Yes?"

"I like you. A lot."

I smiled and giggled. "Thanks. I like you a lot too."

"You're an amazing woman."

I smiled wider. "I know. Thanks."

Elton and I finished our food. Elton paid and we left. We walked around, hand in hand. Elton soon let go of my hand and wrapped an arm around my waist. I wrapped an arm around his waist too.

We found a bench by the beach. We sat there and talked for a while as we watched the sunset. As the last rays of sunlight disappeared under the sea, Elton and I got up from the bench.

Elton took me back to my apartment. He walked me back to the door and kissed me goodbye. He soon left and I went inside. Aviva was already in bed when I stepped inside.

I changed into some pajamas and fell into bed. I texted Elton a goodbye before plugging my phone in and closing my eyes. I tossed and turned for about a half an hour before finally falling asleep.

----

Later the next day, I got home from work and texted Elton. I sniffled a yawn and went into my room.

Can I come over? - Elton

Sure. It could be movie night - Me

Lol. I'd like that. Do you have work tomorrow? - Elton

Yeah. I get off at three-thirty. I could spend the afternoon together - Me

That'd be nice. I want to spend more time with my girl - Elton

I smiled. I sent off a reply and sent my phone on my bed. I took off my jacket and went to the bathroom. I washed my hands to get some of the oil and other mechanical stuff off my hands.

I was cleaning up the kitchen when I heard a knock on the door. I paused the music and went to the door. Elton was standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

I smiled and giggled. Elton handed me the flowers and leaned in. He kissed me, pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around Elton's neck, the bouquet still in my hand.

Elton pulled back. "I love you, Mahja."

I smiled. "I love you too, Elton. Wanna come in?"

"Of course."

Elton came in and closed the door behind him. I put the flowers on the table and went into the living room. Elton followed and sat beside me.

"What are we watching?" Elton asked.

"The Investigation Discovery channel," I replied.

"What's it about?" Elton asked.

"Solving murders and disappearances, the likes," I replied. "I really like it."

"Did you purposely do this so you could kill me?" Elton asked.

I laughed. "No, of course not! I just love these shows."

Elton chuckled. "Just kidding, Mahja. I'm sure it's fun."

I cuddled up against Elton and we watched the show. Elton wrapped an arm around me and kissed my temple. We watched tv for a while longer until Elton had to go home.

I walked Elton to the door. "I'll see you later, right?"

Elton grabbed my hand. "Yeah, of course. You're my girlfriend."

I smiled. We said goodbye to each other and Elton kissed me. I placed my hands on either side of his face and kissed him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

Elton pulled away. We said goodbye to each other and Elton gave me one last kiss before he left my apartment.