04. Breakup

I woke up on Elton's couch again. I had spent the night at Elton's again. His place was pretty nice and Circa was adorable. She was such a cute dog.

I got up and walked into the kitchen. Elton was making breakfast. He was dancing around and signing softly to the music playing.

I leaned against the kitchen island. I watched him silently, snickering to myself. He whipped around and was about to use his spatula as a microphone when he saw me. He immediately stopped.

I finally burst out laughing. I couldn't contain myself. I eventually stopped and looked at Elton. His face was red and he was embarrassingly scratching his neck.

"Sorry about that," Elton said.

"No, it's alright," I replied. "It was quite entertaining."

Elton still looked embarrassed. "Don't say a word. If you do, I'll -"

"You'll what?" I interrupted, pouting and trying to look as cute as possible. "Hurt me?"

Elton sighed, giving up. "I can't threaten you when you look so cute."

I laughed. "Thanks. What's for food?"

Elton moved to show me what was cooking. There was hash browns, eggs, and toast sitting on a plate. It all looked really good.

I walked over and grabbed a piece of toast, hopping on the counter. "Looks delicious. Do you usually cook this much?"

Elton shrugged. "Not really. But I have a guest, so I should make good food."

I gently kicked Elton. "Thanks, Elton. You're too nice. No wonder Amanda likes you."

Elton laughed. "Thanks, Mahja. Are you dating anyone right now?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't want to date at the moment and I honestly can't find anyone right now."

Elton's look lingered for too long. "I'm sure you'll find someone. Someone's gotta like someone like you."

I shrugged. "I'm sure I will. Know anyone who's looking?"

Elton cracked a smile. "I'll keep on the lookout. Are you going back to your apartment today?"

I pulled out my phone and started texting to Aviva. "Probably. I've got some stuff to do. My roommate's probably worried too. I haven't given her much explanation as to where I've been."

Elton put some food on a plate and handed to me. I grabbed a fork and started eating. Elton held out a bottle of ketchup.

I took it from him. "Thanks."

"Anything."

Elton filled his plate and hopped onto the counter across from me. He kept glancing at me. When he met my gaze, he winked at me. I smiled, shook my head, and looked away. I put my plate in the sink and hopped off the counter.

"I should probably go," I said, sniffling a yawn. "I got stuff to do. I have a video to edit."

Elton hopped off the counter too and wrapped an arm around me. "I'll see you around, Mahja. I'll see you sometime soon, right?"

I wrapped an arm around Elton too. "Yeah, I'll see you soon. Maybe with Amanda is around."

I said goodbye to Elton again and headed for the door, grabbing my bags and slipping on my shoes. I left Elton's house and started walking down the street.

I was looking down at my phone, texting Aviva, when a car pulled up next to me. I looked over to see Elton sitting in the front seat.

"Hop in!" Elton called. "I'll give you a ride."

I went around the car and climbed inside. Elton started driving the car and headed for my apartment building. Elton kept making jokes, making me laugh the entire ride home.

We got to my apartment and I unlocked my door. I looked back at Elton before stepping inside.

"Thanks for the ride, Elton," I said.

"You're welcome." Elton grabbed my wrist. "I'll see you around, right?"

"Of course."

Elton nodded and let go. I said goodbye and entered my apartment, closing the door behind me. I frowned as I set my stuff down. Elton was acting differently with me. He seemed to be getting a crush on me.

I pulled out my phone and texted Amanda, asking her if she wanted to hang out with Elton and I. Leaving my phone on the counter, I went into the bathroom and took a shower. After I took a shower, I left the bathroom and found my phone.

Elton and I broke up three weeks ago :'( - Amanda

My mouth opened in surprise.

Really? I'm sorry. What happened? Do you want to talk about it? - Me

Not now. It's still too fresh - Amanda

I understand. I'll be here when you're ready - Me

I leaned against the counter, looking at the messages. Elton and Amanda were no longing an idea. The time I went to hang out with them must have been one off the last days of their relationship.

I texted Elton about it. Aviva came home as soon as I sent the message. I greeted her with a hello and a hug. Aviva went into her room and came back out a few minutes later.

She started cooking, banging around and throwing things into pots. I went into the living room and sat down, waiting for dinner.

Yeah, we broke up. It was mutual and there's no hard feelings - Elton

I'm sorry that happened to you -Me

Don't worry about it. I'll be fine. I've got a lot of friends to help me through. I got you too - Elton

Thanks, Elton. I appreciate that I'm on your friend list - Me

"Mahjabeen!" Aviva yelled. "Dinner's ready!"

I got up, putting my phone in my pocket. I joined Aviva in the kitchen and grabbed a plate. I filled my plate and sat at the table.

I pulled out my phone and started to scroll through Tumblr when Elton answered. I didn't answer right away, though I got to it. I answered and continued going through Tumblr.

I ate with Aviva and texted Elton. I made plans for tomorrow with Elton. I also talked with Aviva, laughing and enjoying her presence.

After dinner, I put away my dishes and went into my room. I texted Elton some more before watching some YouTube videos.