03. Exploring Again

I opened my eyes, groaning. I had crashed at Elton's house the night before and had taken over the couch. It wasn't comfortable, but it did. I got up and went to the bathroom. I picked up an abandoned comb and attempted to make my hair look better.

I redid my hijab and when I left the bathroom, Elton and Sam were already up and making breakfast. I sat at the breakfast table.

"Goodmorning," I greeted.

"Hey," Elton greeted, placing a plate in front of me. I picked up and picked up a fork.

"Is this halal?" I asked.

Elton nodded. "I texted Amanda earlier and she sent me a list of what you could eat."

"Thank you."

"It's nothing," Elton replied. "Anything for a friend."

"Mahja," Sam said.

"Yes?"

"We're going on another overnight in a few days," Sam replied. "Colby and I. I wanted to see if you wanted to come and film a video."

"Sure," I replied. "I love exploring."

"So we're going to do it?"

"Of course," I said. "I'm always ready to explore. I actually have a YouTube channel, so I can film with you guys."

"You have a YouTube channel?" Elton asked. "What's it called?"

I gave him the name and we sat there talking until a roommate of Elton's and Sam's came out. He grabbed some food and started to talk to us.

He eventually held out his hand. "I'm Corey. I don't think we've properly met."

"I'm Mahja, a friend of Amanda's," I replied, taking his hand.

"How come Amanda never brought you around?" Corey asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. We're really good friends though."

"You should come around more often. Do some more exploring," Corey said.

"I'm actually filming a video with Sam and Colby in a few days."

"Oh chill," Corey answered. "Where are you guys going?"

I shrugged. "It's up to Sam and Colby."

"Which reminds me," Sam said. "I don't remember exactly where we're going, so we'll tell you later."

I shrugged. "Okay."

I hung out with the guys for most of the day before I decided to head home. I got a ride from Elton. I sat in the front seat of his car, looking out the window.

"So how'd you like last night?" Elton asked.

"I liked it," I replied. "You guys are fun."

"Good," Elton said. "I thought we scared you off."

I laughed. "No, you guys didn't. I actually had a lot of fun."

"Good," Elton responded. "I hope you can come and hang out sometime soon. You're pretty cool."

"You're cool too," I asked. "Do you know how Amanda is? I haven't seen her in a while."

"Yeah, she's doing fine," Elton answered. "She's off visiting her family."

I pulled out my phone. "Amanda's amazing. You're lucky to date her."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Elton asked.

I shook my head. "I don't need one right now."

Elton nodded in agreement. "I was that way once. Then I met Amanda."

"I'm sure I'll find someone," I said. "It might take a while, but I'll find someone."

Elton just nodded. He pulled up my apartment building and I hopped out. I told him goodbye and walked off. I returned to my apartment. Everything was dark and quiet. I dumped everything by the front door and went into my room.

I changed clothes and hopped in bed. I plugged my phone it in its charger before falling asleep. My dreams were filled with Elton and exploring.

Aviva woke me up in the morning. "Get up, Mahja. Someone's here for you."

I sat up. "Who?"

"Some blond guy and his friend."

I launched out of bed and started changing. Aviva left my room as I pulled on my pants. I grabbed a scarf and wrapped my hand in a turban. I left my room to see Sam and Colby sitting on the couch. They looked up when I walked in. They both smiled at me.

"Hey, Mahja," Colby greeted.

"Hey, guys," I said. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We're going to go exploring, of course!" Sam exclaimed.

"Today?" I asked. "I thought we were going in a few days."

Colby just shrugged. "We had to do it today. Is that okay with you?"

I nodded. "Of course. Let's go."

I said goodbye to Aviva and followed the two guys outside. Sam and Colby led me to their car.

"Oh we forgot to mention," Colby said. "We brought Elton with us."

"Oh fun," I said.

I hopped in their car and we started driving. I was sitting in the back with Elton. The entire ride, I just stared out the window. We were driving for hours. We eventually came to the place. I jumped out of the car and looked around. It was dark outside.

We were right next to an abandoned neighborhood. Elton came up next to me and looked around as well. There was a fence across from us that I was sure we were going to jump over.

Sam and Colby came out and we started filming the intro. After that, we hopped the fence and ran in. We hurried to the first building, running inside.

It was really run down and looked shitty. I looked around. There wasn't much left in terms of furniture. Or anything for that matter.

I saw the bathroom and it looked like shit, honestly. The walls looked like someone took a bat to them as well.

We left the first building and walked down the street. We entered another house and looked around, though it looked exactly like the first one. It was then we decided to go to the hospital nearby, which I've never been to.

We left the second house and walked down the street. We were walking for only a few minutes before we saw a car. I crouched to the ground, not wanting to be seen. The others dimmed their lights, having the same idea as I. After the car passed, we got to our feet and continued towards the hospital.

It was dark and creepy. There were no sounds. Only our feet and quiet voices. We snuck across the grounds, trying to be as quiet as possible. We couldn't be seen. I didn't want to go to prison. Granted, every time I went urban exploring I could get arrested.

That was one of the reasons I didn't really want to start urban exploration. Getting arrested wasn't on my bucket list. However, the thrill of exploring was always too much fun. I didn't care if I could get arrested. Urban exploring was my passion.