18. Hanging with Friends

I danced around in the bathroom as I got ready. I spun around as a Maroon 5 song came on. I started singing the songs, wrapping a scarf around my head. I put some makeup on and I was done. I left the bathroom and went downstairs. Colby was standing by the door, scrolling through his phone.

"Ready?" I asked.

Colby looked up. "Of course."

"Where's everyone else?" I asked as we left the house.

Colby walked me to his car. "Sam had some errands to run and Katrina went with him. They'll meet us there."

I got into the passenger seat. "Dope. We're going to the pier, right?"

Colby nodded. "Of course. It's where all the fun is."

I smiled. "I sure hope so. Do you know what Elton's doing today?"

"I think he's going to the gym and doing something else," Colby responded. "I don't think he's doing anything else."

"Are we doing anything else besides the Pier?" I asked.

"Maybe going out to dinner," Colby offered. "Most likely one you could eat at."

"That'll be nice," I said. "It's nice you're being considerate about restaurants I can eat at."

"Of course," Colby said. "I'm always considerate with all my friends."

I smiled and thanked him again. We got to Santa Monica and we had to park a few blocks away from the Pier. Colby and I got out of the car and headed for the beach. A group of guys passed and spit insults at me.

I raised my finger at them. "Fuck you, assholes!"

"What are you going to do?" One of them yelled. "You're just an immigrant!"

"Eat my dick, bitch!" I yelled. "You ain't shit."

The guys walked away, muttering under their breath. I huffed and continued walking.

Colby joined me. "That was brave of you, back there. I wouldn't have been able to stand up to them."

I rolled my eyes. "Dude, you sneak into abandoned places every month. Standing up to some bullies isn't that bad. Besides, I can fend for myself."

"Still, that was brave," Colby said. "I'm proud to be a friend of someone like you."

I blushed. "Thanks, Colby. You're a pretty chill dude too."

We continued walking towards the Pier. We arrived and started walking around. We had been there for about a half an hour before Sam and Katrina showed up. We played some of the games and went on some of the rides. It was so much fun.

It was later that evening when we decided to go to a nearby restaurant. It was, of course, halal friendly for me. We were at that restaurant for a couple of hours, just hanging out. It was so much fun to hang out and get to know my friends more.

It wasn't until late when we returned home. I entered the house with Colby, laughing over a joke he had said. Elton entered the main hallway just as we did.

"Hey, Elton," I greeted, wrapping my arms around his neck. "How was your day?"

Elton hugged me. "It's been alright. How was yours?"

I smiled. "It's been great. I had so much fun with Sam and Colby. You should've come."

Elton shrugged. "I had things to do. Have you eaten already?"

I nodded, twirling some of Elton's hair. "Yeah, we went out. Is there any ice cream?"

Elton shrugged, looking upset. "I doubt it. There's a lot of people in this house."

I frowned. "What's wrong?"

Elton pulled away. "Nothing."

I grabbed Elton's arm. "No, you need to tell me. We don't need secrets in our relationship."

Elton looked around. "We should take this into our room."

We went upstairs and into our room.

I faced Elton. "What? What is it? You seem off."

Elton ran a hand through his hand.  "I guess it's just that I wanted to spend the second day of you moving into the house together. Instead, you went out with Sam and Colby."

I rolled my eyes. "Elton, I wanted to go out hang out with friends. That shouldn't be a problem."

"Still," Elton said. "I wanted to be with you."

I crossed my arms. "So what you're saying is I can't hang out with my friends?"

"No!" Elton exclaimed. "Why would you think that?"

"Because it sounds like it!" I exclaimed. "You're basically saying I should've stayed home instead of going out and having fun. What's with that?"

Elton set his jaw. "We still have stuff - your stuff more specifically - to unpack. It would've been nice to have you here so I knew what went where."

"We have tomorrow," I pointed out. "I don't have work and we can spend time unpacking the little I have."

"We should've done it today though," Elton said.

"Why do you have to be like this?" I said.

Elton crossed his arms. "Like what?"

I rolled my eyes, glaring at Elton. "No. You're making something out of nothing. I don't have many things to unpack and it shouldn't take too long.

"It would've been easier to do it today."

I started for the door. "I'm going downstairs. I don't want to fight like this."

Elton grabbed my arm but I ripped my arm away and left. I went downstairs and into the living room. I curled up on the couch and pulled my phone out. I felt a little guilty about going out with Sam and Colby but I wanted to hang out with them.

I pulled out my headphones and started listening to some music. I was in the living for a while before I got really tired. I got up and grabbed my charger from my bag. I found a plugin and plugged my phone in. I found a blanket and laid down on the couch.

I laid down, pulling the blanket over me. I stared at the wall, thinking. My first fight with Elton and it was about hanging out with some friends. I sighed, curling up tighter. It would've been nice if I was in bed with Elton but I didn't want to go upstairs. Not after the fight. I didn't want to be around Elton at the moment.