12. Dinner

"If we're going out to dinner," I said as I walked down the stairs, "then we're going to have to drop by my place. I need to change."

"You women and you're changing all the time," Elton said as he walked by my side.

I smacked Elton's shoulder. "Like you're much better, Elton. You smell terrible all the time."

"Agreed!" Sam yelled from upstairs. "I think he needs to shower more."

I gave Elton a pointed look as we got to the first floor. "Everyone says you smell terrible, Elton. Take a hint and take a shower. While we're on the topic, can you please take me back to my apartment so I can change and grab more clothes?"

Elton nodded. "Okay."

Elton grabbed his keys and we left. Elton drove me to my apartment and we entered. Aviva wasn't there so she couldn't question Elton. I went into my room and opened my closet. I grabbed a few clothes and started changing.

I grabbed a floral skirt and a black long sleeve shirt. I grabbed a tan hijab and wrapped it around my head loosely. I looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled. I looked great.

I packed a few more clothes and left my room. Elton was sitting on the couch waiting for me. He stood up and smiled at me. Elton pulled me in for a kiss.

"You look beautiful," Elton commented. "Floral is good on you, dear."

I blushed. "Thanks, Elton."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Are you ready?"

I nodded. "I'm hungry."

"Me too."

We walked out of the apartment and went to Elton's car. Elton drove us all the way to the restaurant and we went inside. It was a nice restaurant with lovely music playing. We sat down and read the menus.

"Do you know if this place is halal friendly?" I asked.

"Yes, it is," Elton said. "I checked. I wanted to take you to a place that you could eat at."

I smiled. "Thanks, Elton. That was so nice of you."

Elton smiled at you. "Anything for you, Mahja."

I blushed. "You're a great boyfriend, Elton."

Elton laughed. "I know, though you're a great girlfriend."

I grinned. "Thanks, Elton."

Elton reached across the table and grabbed my hand. "I'm glad you came into my life."

I squeezed Elton's hand. "I am too."

"So what do you want to do after dinner?" Elton asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe we could go to the pier."

Elton nodded. "Sounds like a good plan."

The waitress came up and we ordered our food. Elton and I sat there, talking and enjoying each other's presence. Our food came out and we began eating.

After we finished, Elton paid and we returned to his car. We drove to the pier and parked. When we started walking, I slipped my arm in Elton's.

We walked together on the pier. We played some games and rode some of the rides. I laughed at some of the idiotic things Elton did.

After a few hours of messing around, we leaned against the railing, looking over the water. I held one of Elton's hands, running my thumbs over the back of his hand.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Elton asked.

"Maybe we could go rollerskating," I offered. "That sounds like fun."

Elton smiled. "That sounds like a fun idea. Let's do that."

"I like rollerskating," I commented. "It's really fun."

"I've only gone a couple times," Elton said. "It's been fun though."

"I'm glad," I said.

Elton wrapped an around my waist. "I love you, Mahja."

I smiled at Elton. "I love you too, Elton."

We stood in silence and watched the sunset. When it finally set, we left the pier and drove back to Elton's house. Elton went into the kitchen and I went upstairs. I prayed and changed. I was fixing my hijab Elton came into the room.

I climbed into bed and scooted over to make room for Elton. He laid next to me and looked into my eyes. He smiled and pulled me close. I fell asleep peacefully in Elton's arms.