Chapter 2

"Ne, Sasuke." The Uchiha looked up shocked, Naruto had called him by his name. It sounds rather nice coming from her... I wonder if she will say it more often. Naruto blinked at him and he realized that he was staring. "What do you want?" Sasuke asked, it sounded colder and meaner than he had intended as he noticed Naruto's expression falter a little. He was about to apologize for his tone when Naruto plopped down next to him. They were resting between their training and Kakashi had managed to convince Sakura to get them all drinks from the store by throwing in Sasuke's name and that it would be like she's treating Sasuke. Upon hearing that, the pink haired girl literally skipped to the store. "I-" Naruto started but she stopped herself, why did she want to talk to Sasuke. "What is it, Naruto?" Sasuke asked, nudging the blond's side knowing full well that Naruto was ticklish. They may be rivals but deep down they are still best friends. "This is pretty peaceful, don't you think?" Naruto asked softly, resting her head on her hands as she looked at the clouds. She now knows why Shikamaru likes to cloud watch during his spare times. Sasuke laughed a little and copied Naruto's posture. "Not for long," He muttered, grumbling about the pink haired girl on their team being useless and annoying him all the time about dates. Naruto rolled over onto her stomach and propped herself on her elbows, Sasuke looked at Naruto's grinning expression and how close the blond was. Naruto looks so cute. Sasuke's eyes widened slightly at the thought. No, Sasuke, bad Sasuke! Naruto is your best friend. But... would Naruto give me a chance if I were to confess?
Naruto poked his stomach. "Ooo, Sakura gonna love this kind of chance at touching your rock hard abs." Sasuke gave Naruto a smirk, before looking back at the clouds to prevent him from staring at Naruto too much. He didn't mind Naruto touching him, not at all. Stop thinking like that, Uchiha ! The Uchiha mentally smacked himself. "Che. As if I will allow her to get this close." Sasuke said to the blond, making Naruto look up at the dark haired teen curiously. It was this kind of moments that the two of them enjoy, where they are not shouting at each other or trying to beat one another up. "And you let me get this close?" Sasuke looked at Naruto before nodding. Naruto looked at him a little longer before shuffling closer. "What about this close?" Sasuke nodded again, not minding the contact at all. Naruto grinned and decided to push the limit as she shuffled closer and leaned in as close as she dared, their lips close to touching. The two had already shared an accidental first kiss anyways. Naruto raised her eyebrows at him, grinning. "What about now?"
"Come closer if you dare." Sasuke challenged, grinning at the blond. Sasuke looks so handsome. Naruto thought as she continued staring a little longer. If only they can stay like this forever. Who am I kidding... Sasuke will never like something like me. Naruto thought to herself as she was about to move away from Sasuke when they heard footsteps. Naruto couldn't react fast enough as she felt a sharp pain on her side. "Get away from Uchiha-sama!" the person screeched as Naruto collided with a tree. Naruto tried getting on her knees, shaking her head to get rid of the dizziness. "You have no rights to get so close to Sasuke-Kun! You don't even deserve to be on the same team as him! I do! You're so weak and stupid!" the girl screeched, smirking down at Naruto, proud that her academy level skills can beat Naruto. Kakashi jumped from the tree that he was lounging on, making his way to stop the girl. But Sasuke stopped him and gave him a look. The Uchiha wanted to handle it himself. Kakashi nodded and stepped back. Sasuke cracked his knuckles, this is going to be fun. Naruto looked at Sasuke, sending him a look as if to stop him from doing whatever he was planning on doing. The raven glared and Naruto glared back, both shooting messages back and forth. The girl noticed and sent a kick towards Naruto's jaw for glaring at her precious Sasuke, dislocating it. Sasuke flinched, Naruto getting hurt made his heart ached. Naruto cried out as she held her jaw. Kakashi rested a hand briefly on Sasuke's shoulder, he can't stand by and watch anymore. "You are under arrest for assaulting a fellow villager," Kakashi growled as he grasped both the girl's arms and twisted it behind her back. The girl struggled as she screamed about how she didn't do anything wrong while Sasuke tended to Naruto. "Don't touch him, you whore!" She screeched as she tried to lunge at Naruto again. Sasuke twisted his body in reflex to protect Naruto.
Naruto's eyes widened as she felt Sasuke's arms around her. He is protecting me.
He is always protecting you, you dipshit. Kurama growled playfully and Naruto took a playful swipe at the fox's tail. She could feel Sasuke tilting his head when he heard the girl calling Naruto a whore. Kakashi's glare turned even deadlier. Why does she know when she is clearly Naruto and Sasuke's age. Naruto's assaults are well kept secrets at Naruto's request.
"Naruto, are you okay? Come. We'll get you to the hospital." Sasuke said gently, tugging at the blond to get up. Naruto was clutching her face and ribs with either hands, in a lot of pain. "Sasuke, bring Naruto to Tsunade." Kakashi ordered before he disappeared with the girl that is still yelling. Sakura was spending a really long time at the stores, they'd probably be done before she gets back.