Chapter 22

That night, Kakashi made Sakura and Kiba take most of the night watching shift as they had been the worse ones to Naruto. He wanted to punish them badly but Naruto gave him a look. He knew exactly what that look meant but he chose to misinterpret it. He will tone down on the punishment but that doesn't mean he will cease it. It is going to be long and torturous for them, yes definitely.

When they reached their destination, they decided to stay at one of the inns to rest before they head back to konoha again with their client. "I wanna share a room with Sasuke-kun!" Naruto shook, her fist clenched and she glared at Sakura. Ino saw the anger and decided it was best if she convinced her bestfriend to stop pestering Sasuke like that. Naruto was about to say something but she closed her mouth again. "Come on Sakura, you know that Sasuke and Naruto is dating. Even if they weren't, they've shared a room since like. Forever." Ino said, trying to pull Sakura away from Sasuke.
"Ewww, Naruto had no shame." Most of them raised both eyebrows incredulously at what Sakura had said. Naruto made an exasperated noise under her breath before she turned and walked away, upset at Sakura. Naruto knew if she stayed any longer she would hurt the pink haired girl badly. "LOOK! You made her upset again!" Ino screeched, lunging at Sakura.
"So? You never cared about Naruto. Why now?"
"Because I realised how much of a shitty person I was to her. I don't care if she doesn't forgive me. I want to change. I want to be nicer to her because she deserves it. She deserves to be treated with kindness and love. She might not be the happy go lucky blond she acts like before but I know that Naruto will still be Naruto." Ino said before she pulled Sasuke away from Sakura and pushed Sasuke towards the direction Naruto had left. Sasuke nodded his thanks and shunshined to where he thinks Naruto might be; on their way in, they had spotted a waterfall in the distance and Naruto stopped a little to stare at it.
He spotted Naruto sitting on a big boulder, staring at the water crashing at the base. The sound was deafening but Naruto seems to be enjoying herself. She looks so peaceful and at ease. Sasuke sat himself down next to her, the two of them sat quietly watching the waterfall. No words of comfort needs to be spoken. Naruto rested her head on Sasuke's shoulder.
"I was so ready to kill her." Naruto grumbled, making Sasuke laugh. Naruto nudged him for laughing. "Why can't she take a fucking hint?" Sasuke shrugged, he honestly doesn't give two shits about the pink haired girl. Naruto sighed, she's really sick of Sakura clinging onto Sasuke like he isn't already taken. Sasuke looked at the waterfall and then at Naruto. "You seem to like waterfalls a lot." Sasuke said, looking at the blond. Naruto looked at him. "Oh right. I didn't tell you."
"Tell me what?"
"My house got burnt down a lot... So I decided to move into the forest in Konoha, the villagers wouldn't go into the forest of death. Plus there's a really nice cave behind a waterfall there." Sasuke frowned, he hadn't think that Naruto would live in the forest.
"Why didn't you tell me? I could've gotten you a place to-"
"No. I like it there. Besides... The villagers are gonna find out and burn it down anyways, and this time they'll probably make sure I'm stuck in it." Naruto said, muttering the last bit to herself. Sasuke looked at her incredulously.
"You are a shinobi, and you can disappear off to Suna in less than 5 minutes by some, some god knows what method." Sasuke exclaimed. Naruto laughed a little, she had been too quick that they didn't have time to register what had occurred until it was too late. "They probably would have realised that this time, they would probably make shinobis put a barrier around the house and then set the house on fire to prevent any chakra in or out." Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed, she's actually not going to fight then anymore. She's just going try her best to ignore them and avoid them.
"That's not right, we have to do something about it."
"No Sasuke... Nothing is going to change. Nothing is going to change unless I'm gone. It'd probably be better if -" Sasuke slapped her, cutting her off. He shook with rage and sadness as tears welled up in his eyes.
"Don't you fucking dare say it. I don't understand why you can't get this into your head that I care and that I need you and I depend on you more than I depend on myself. If you want to die, don't think I'm not going to follow, you dobe." I care so much! I love you Naruto. Why can't you see that? Why do you always think that that is what everyone wants. I don't want you to kill yourself! I want you to be alive!