Chapter 36

Naruto sighed softly to herself, Sasuke and Kurama have been really persistent about checking in on her every day. It was getting really uncomfortable. True it was nice to have people care but nobody really did care and Naruto got used to that solitude, it makes her unsure why they are being so nice to her. Kurama did check on her once in a while but nowadays he seems to check a little too much. She started shutting him out when he started asking her if she was feeling okay every two hours with Sasuke asking an hour after Kurama does, so her entire day literally consists of Kurama and Sasuke asking if she was alright every SINGLE hour.
Naruto had started distancing herself even more, avoiding Sasuke whenever she could as she believed that whenever he had to check in on her, she was taking up his time. It is better this way... if I distance myself, it probably wouldn't hurt me as much when he decides to leave me right? Naruto brooded to herself, lightly tracing the kunai she was holding on the veins that popped on her hand. What would happen if I accidentally cut this open...
Naruto had unfortunately slipped back into her sinking depression which she repeatedly denied to herself about it. Nahhh. There is no way I am depressed... I'm probably just being overdramatic about this. Some days she found it extremely hard to get out of bed, it was just so tiring. However, Sasuke would come over with breakfast so that they could hang out together. Seeing Sasuke always made her happy but then she would begin overthinking every little movement Sasuke made. She knows it is really unhealthy but she can't help it. Some days when she manages to get herself outside, she found it really hard to enjoy the things that she used to enjoy doing - training, sparring. The migraines started occurring again, making her feel even more miserable than she was already feeling. "Sasuke probably stopped loving me... I am getting so boring and so irritating to be around... He's probably still hanging around because of how nice he is." Naruto muttered to herself, unaware that she had begun digging the kunai into her skin. The sharp weapon made a line along the vein that showed on her skin as she had been tracing it.
Naruto only registered it when she felt something warm and wet run down her hand. Naruto stared at it, the blood was garish red against her skin and as quickly as the wound had appeared, it had sealed itself shut. All that remained to show that she had once hurt herself was the blood that stained her hand. It had felt nice... It had felt nice to know that she was bleeding, that she was still human.

Naruto held Sasuke's hand as they walked around in a quiet part of the village, away from the villagers. Sasuke had suggested they go on a walk in the sunset, something which Naruto agreed to despite being unable to get out of bed in the morning. She couldn't function as per normal but she knew she had to pretend so that she doesn't worry sasuke even more than she already is. She believes that she has been troubling Sasuke more than necessary even though the boy had promised that no matter what happens he would take care of her - in sickness and in health. He had reminded her of that every day to let her know that he was there for her and that she was never alone. Naruto had been quiet the entire time, content with just walking next to Sasuke. The Uchiha was equally happy to be with Naruto. They had been on a few mission since the daimyo incident and despite the blond trying to act as normal as possible, Neji and Shikamaru are beginning to notice that something was wrong. They hadn't ask Naruto anything yet, choosing not to scare the blond. When they reached a cliffside, they sat down at the base of a tree nearby to watch the sunset below the horizon. Sasuke laid his head on Naruto's shoulder, his dark soft hair tickling Naruto slightly but she enjoyed the feeling. Naruto lifted their interlocked hands to her lips, she kissed Sasuke's hand gingerly as if she was afraid that if she did it too hard that Sasuke would shatter. "Thank you for loving me, Sasuke," Naruto muttered softly, "I love you so much. I hope you know that."
Sasuke turned to look at Naruto, their faces merely inches away. Sasuke moved to close the gap between them, brushing his lips against Naruto before feathering kisses onto Naruto's cheeks and on the corner of her lips. He moved to kiss her lips, letting the soft kiss linger before moving back to look at her. Every time she looked at him with her beautiful blue eyes, it makes her fall in love with her even more if that is possible. "I love you too. You're my most precious person, you're my bestfriend.... The person I want to marry." Sasuke said softly, watching Naruto's face. She seemed surprised when he had said that he wanted to marry her.
"But Sasuke... I can't have children, I-," Naruto cut herself off, unsure whether she should continue talking.
"What is it?" Sasuke asked, worry etched on his face. Sasuke hoped he hadn't made Naruto upset from what he had said.
"I... They will shun the child if I were to have children. I shouldn't do that to a child." Naruto muttered, lowering her head as if ashamed.
"That's alright Naruto, we don't need to have children." Sasuke said gently, putting his hand around her to pull her closer so that he could kiss her head. However, despite what Sasuke had said, Naruto still seem quite troubled by the fact that he wanted to marry her.
"Do you think I am not the one, Naruto?" Sasuke asked after a while. That question made Naruto jerk in shock and fear.
"No no no no. That's not what I mean. Please Sasuke. I didn't mean to offend you." Naruto apologised profusely, making Sasuke frown even more. This wasn't about him, this was suppose to be question for her. She should be thinking about herself first and whether she is happy with him or not. "Naruto. Naruto. Stop, no. That's not what I mean. You should be thinking about yourself first. You should put yourself first, the question is whether you are happy with me. I truly believe that you are the one for me but if you don't feel the same way, I understand." Sasuke said carefully, not wanting to hurt Naruto's feelings.
"I just... I just think that you shouldn't be marrying the demon." Naruto said quietly, shrinking into herself. Sasuke's frown deepened.
"Naruto, listen. You are not a demon, you never are and you never will be a demon. I love you Naruto, I know that you might not love yourself enough but that's okay, I will love you for the both of us. I hope that you can see that... I hope that you can see how much I love you."