Chapter 20

When Naruto spotted that the Sakura and Ino are arriving, she started walking without waiting for the rest follow. Kiba and Lee kept glancing at her, irritating Naruto to no end. "Wait, Naruto! Sensei hasn't told us the details of the mission." Tenten called out. Naruto raised a hand as if saying goodbye.
"She's not going to stand around with them here." Neji deadpanned, glaring at their comrades that decided it was okay to make Naruto cry.
"Hey! I said I was sorry!" Kiba argued. Shikamaru sighed and got up from where he was sitting. "You may have said that, but have you said it to her?" Shikamaru asked, shoving his hand into his pocket. Sasuke mimicked Shikamaru's action before he followed Naruto. The jonins looked at each other, this mission may not end well for the team dynamics. "Let's go. We will smooth out the details on the way." Kurenai said, making her way into the forest.

Sasuke looked at her, swinging the hand that he was holding. He was silently asking her if she was okay. Naruto hummed, not saying anything since she walked away. "We have been walking for hours! I need to vent." Naruto grumbled. Sasuke could understand, she had a seemingly endless amount of stamina and chakra, she would be getting extremely restless. Their mission seemed pretty simple, go to the spring country and protect their client on her journey to Konoha. It was getting pretty late as well, Sasuke looked at Kakashi. The jonin looked around before nodding, they are going to set up camp soon.
"I wanna be in a tent with Sasuke-Kun!" Sakura squealed. Naruto's eyes narrowed, Shikamaru caught that and grinned at the Uchiha while wiggling his eyebrows at him. Time to have a little fun. "No. There's not enough space for three people." Sasuke said as he continued to set up his tent. Every one paused, wanting to watch the interaction. It seems that even though Sakura might have toned back on her hatred towards Naruto's gender, but she has not stopped her affections towards Sasuke despite knowing that Sasuke and Naruto are an item already. "What do you mean three people? It will just be you and I." Sasuke almost gagged.
"Well, my girlfriend is going to be in the same tent as me as well." Sasuke stated.
"What?" Sakura blushed, thinking that Sasuke referred to her as his girlfriend. "Then who's the third person?" Sasuke facepalmed, this ain't fun, this is plain stupid. How did she graduate again?
"You are the third person." Naruto growled, glaring at Sakura.
"Piss off, Naruto. I'm talking to my boy-"
"I am not your boyfriend." Sasuke interrupted, Sakura gaped in shock. Then, then who was he referring to as his girlfriend? Sakura thought as she tried to calm herself.
"You aren't very smart considering you graduated top of the class." Naruto muttered making Sakura turn to bite back. However, to her shock, people were agreeing with Naruto. "Just to make things crystal clear for you, Haruno. Sasuke is my boyfriend. So I would suggest you keep your hands to yourself and your legs closed." Naruto deadpanned before she turned and headed towards the forest to collect wood, Akamaru trotting after her.
"Whoa, I've never seen her so possessive before." Tenten muttered, Neji hummed in agreement before he looked at her. "What?" Tenten asked, confused as to why Neji was staring at her.
"Are you like her?"
"What do you think? If anyone tries to latch onto you I will turn them into pincushions." Tenten said in a sickly sweet voice that only promised a lot of pain and suffering. Neji smiled slightly, he was glad. To say the truth, he would honestly do the same if anyone were to look at Tenten in any way that he didn't like. Shikamaru mumbled something about troublesome people and being away from Temari.
"That's why your genius head should have thought of something earlier but you didn't." Naruto said, making Shikamaru jump. He hadn't sense Naruto and she seems to have appeared out of thin air. Sasuke took the wood from her and she walked off with Akamaru again into the forest without a word. "Boy! Where are you going?" Kiba called after Akamaru, the big white dog huffed at Kiba before he turned his head and held it high and trotted away proudly.
"That stupid dog! How dare he ignore me?!" Kiba growled, he wasn't mad that the dog decided to follow Naruto, in fact, he was glad that Naruto didn't stop Akamaru from following. He knew that Akamaru really liked Naruto and that the white dog had been really upset with him when he turned against Naruto. The dog had refused to do any formations with him and always purposely screwed it up, he would not accept anything Kiba says until he apologised to Naruto first. He had been trying to apologise but Naruto kept walking off or brushing him off. I think I really fucked up big time. I shouldn't have been so mean to Naruto. Now she doesn't even look happy. I shouldn't have said that she doesn't deserve to live... Everyone deserves to be alive. Naruto especially, things have been shitty for her and she deserves better. I just hope I can make it up to her and she wouldn't forever be such an emotionless person.