Chapter 19

Naruto and Sasuke were waiting at the gates for the other teams to arrive, it was has turned into a joint mission overnight apparently; much to Naruto and Sasuke's dismay. Yesterday after Naruto had gotten to the Uchiha household, Mikoto had dumped a pile of clothes on her and urged her to try them to see if they fit. Sasuke had apparently gone to his mum to tell her about Naruto's lack of clothes way before and she had gone shopping on multiple occasions to gather clothing that were of the highest quality for Naruto. Naruto now wears a black jacket with red trims and a white T-shirt underneath, and black pants with concealed pockets. Sasuke wanted Naruto to wear the jacket with the Uchiha clan symbol but she didn't want to, muttering something about tarnishing his clan reputation; however, to please Sasuke, the T-shirt she was wearing right now has the symbol sewed on by Mikoto - who had gotten a little too excited and sewed the symbol on more than half of the clothes.
Naruto sat there holding Sasuke's hand. "Sasuke?"
"Hmm?" Sasuke hummed, looking into the distance. Naruto looked at the raven for a moment before she spoke again. "I'm sorry for yesterday." Sasuke's jaw clenched and he looked at her.
"Why? There's no reason you should be the one apologising."
"Well, I'm sorry you had to find out about it. I didn't really want you to find out or even know that I... That I tried to kill myself." Naruto said softly, looking down at her lap. Sasuke bit his lips, he didn't know what to say. Should he comfort her or what?
"Naruto, look at me." Sasuke tilted her head when she didn't move. "I know it's been really hard for you and that sometimes you think that people don't care but I do. I care a lot about you and I love you. I will always be there for you. So please. Please come to me if you need, please don't kill yourself. I need you." Sasuke said, getting softer and softer towards the end as he tried to hide his tears. He had cried last night when Naruto left after dessert, it hurt him that Naruto hadn't thought about going to him when he's her best friend. It had hurt to know that his best friend tried to commit suicide so many times. He didn't want Naruto gone! He wants her by his side even after they die of old age.
"Don't cry Sasuke please. It's hurts to see you cry. Besides, crying doesn't suit this pretty face." Naruto joked, flicking Sasuke's cheeks. The Uchiha puffed his cheeks childishly and he watched Naruto turn bright red before looking away. "What?"
"Nothing. Nothing." Naruto said, waving the Uchiha off. What the fuck. That was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Naruto thought as she fanned herself, trying to cool herself down. Naruto smiled at him softly and wiped the remaining tears away. "You're so handsome." Naruto muttered, leaning in to kiss Sasuke's cheeks.
"What. That's all I get? A kiss on the cheek for being handsome?" Naruto laughed and nodded cheekily, before leaning in again to kiss him but this time kissing the corner of his lips. Control. Control. Don't react to her teasing. Sasuke willed himself to not grab Naruto to crush his lips on hers. "Please don't be so mushy when we are on the mission together." Naruto turned to see Tenten and Neji walking towards them. Naruto scrunched her nose, "you guys are pretty lovey Dovey too."
The two older nins flushed, looking away. Tenten approached Naruto and squatted next to her. "My mum baked some chocolate cookies and I wanted to share with you." Tenten said, holding out a box. Naruto took the box and smiled at Tenten. She could tell Tenten was trying to comfort her but the weapon loving mistress didn't want to mention anything incase it upsets the blond. "Thank you. I-"
"Don't you apologise. You didn't deserve to be treated so harshly. If it were up to us, they'll all be dead." Shikamaru said coldly as he joined the little group at he gates, angry at the others for their words towards Naruto and the villagers for being such dickheads. Sasuke nudged her and looked meaningfully at the blond. See. There are people who cares too. Naruto nodded, she could see and she knows who are her real friends. "Where Temari at?" Naruto asked Shikamaru and he sighed.
"Sadly, she went back to Suna."
"Why don't one of you move your ass to the same country?" Naruto asked, tilting her head. The four other ninjas looked at Naruto, Shikamaru blinked; why hadn't they think of that as an option. "You are a genius. Naruto!"
"What?" Naruto looked around confused. Sasuke sighed. The girl can be really smart but even she sometimes doesn't realise how smart what she says was. "The question is how to get that to happen." Shikamaru said, pondering.
"Just marry her." Naruto grumbled. The others looked at her again. Why didn't she show all her smartness sooner? "You are probably smarter than Shikamaru." Tenten commented, making Naruto blush and wave off the compliment. 
"But which country would we be in?" Naruto blinked, since when does Shikamaru ask so many questions instead of figuring it out himself?
"You can always make it a political marriage???" Naruto said, raising her eyebrows. "Don't, don't stare again. It was common sense."
"No that was not common sense." Asuma said, taking a puff of smoke. "That was you being an absolute genius." Seeeeee! I told you you are smart but you don't want to believe me! Kurama said proudly, Naruto frowned, but she's not smart? Kurama wanted to shake her, why is she so not confident?!