Chapter 17

"Sasuke-kun!! Where have you been? I wonder why Kakashi-sensei didn't arrange for any team meetings." Sakura had already latched herself onto the Uchiha and started talking, even Naruto isn't so noisy. Why did Kakashi arrange for a team training after lunch?? It was sweltering hot under the afternoon sun and that mask jonin is always late. He spotted Naruto in the distance and is immediately filled with a strange calmness that only Naruto can bring to him. He saw Naruto looking at Sakura with a face and he realized with a twinge of happiness that Naruto was mad that Sakura is touching him like that. Sakura looked over to see what Sasuke was staring at, only to see Naruto. Sakura rolled her eyes and continued trying to get Sasuke to go out with her on a date. Naruto slowed, she doesn't know if she has the courage to face Sakura. That bitch is nothing compared to the others, if you got through the others, this one should be easy. Kurama said gruffly to Naruto. Naruto took a deep breath and straightened a little bit. "Good morning Teme!" Naruto said, this is where all the insults and fighting would begin and that means Sakura wouldn't be clinging on to him anymore! Sasuke was grateful for Naruto always saving the day with their little rivalry. "Che. Dobe." Sasuke muttered, putting on the most uncaring tone he could muster at his new girlfriend. Naruto didn't seem to be upset at him for the insulting tone, instead, her eyes shone with amusement as they continued their little charade. "What did you say, teme?! I am not a dobe, you teme!" Naruto yelled.

"Come fight if you dare, dobe." Sasuke challenged. They could vaguely hear Sakura cheering Sasuke on, telling him to beat the Naruto's ass. They were about to begin their sparring session when Kakashi arrived, appearing in between them with a book in hand. "No fighting." They blinked at him, but he always tells them to spar with each other... that's fighting too. Kakashi senses that what he said was a little hypocritical, lowered his book and began telling them what they are going to do today. "I am going to beat you today!" Naruto announcing, pointing a finger at Sasuke. "I see you try." Sasuke bit back, knowing full well that Naruto could beat him easily if she put a little more effort in like she does in private. The two glared at each other, Kakashi looked at them. They are together and yet they are going after each other's throat like enemies. "I wanna spar with Sasuke-kun! Dead last can't possibly beat my Sasuke-kun." Sakura said, clinging onto Sasuke and glaring at Naruto. Sasuke pushed Sakura away and shoved his hands into his pockets and started walking towards Naruto. "Only Naruto is good enough to give me a good sparring session. You wouldn't last two seconds." Sasuke said coldly before the couple jumped onto a tree to go another part of the forest, away from Sakura and Kakashi.

Naruto let a sigh of relief when they were far enough away. Sasuke watched her rub her face as if to rub away her fatigues. He could feel Naruto's vibe changing, she wasn't being all forceful and unnaturally cheery anymore. Naruto squatted down with her face in her hands. It was so hard being in the same space as Sakura right now when their pink-haired comrade made half of her comrades hate her.  "I am stronger than this. I am stronger than this." Naruto muttered, Sasuke stood there patting her head knowing that she doesn't need someone talking to her, she just needs someone to be there for her. "Okay, I'm done with my pep talk. Let's go Sasuke." Naruto said, swinging her arm out to throw a smoke bomb. Sasuke activated his Sharingan to look for the blond but she seems to be gone from the training ground. He felt something shot out from beneath him, Sasuke managed to jump away just as Naruto's arm tried to grab his ankle. Whatttt. When did Naruto learn to do that? Isn't her element wind? Although... that move is oddly familiar... Kakashi! Sasuke thought back to the first day they trained together when Sakura screamed and fainted when she only saw Sasuke's head, thinking that Sasuke got decapitated. "Sasuke-kunnnn, why aren't you paying attention?" Naruto squealed like his fangirls do before Sasuke could hear Naruto coughing, "Maybe squealing isn't a good idea."
Sasuke laughed softly to himself as he made his way towards the voice, throwing a paper bomb towards the tree Naruto was hiding behind. Naruto jumped away from the tree just as the bomb exploded. Naruto lunged at Sasuke, the two of them trying to one-up each other. After about 2 hours, with Kakashi coming to check up on them in the middle of the fight but got chased away with a barrage of paper bombs attached to kunais, the two laid on the ground panting and bruised from their violent hits towards each other. "I still cannot comprehend your stamina even after so many years." Sasuke grumbled, looking at Naruto who was already almost recovered enough that she isn't panting anymore. Naruto grinned at him, holding her hand out shyly. Sasuke looked at the hand before lacing his fingers with hers. They laid there staring at the sky that was changing colour as the sun sets. "Are you coming over for dinner? Mum is asking for you."
"Ehhh? Why? Did I do something wrong?" Naruto asked, making Sasuke facepalm.
"Of course not, dobe. She claims that she wants you to finish the cake from yesterday but I am pretty sure she just misses you and she is sad that didn't get much chance to talk to you when dad took you away to have a chat."
"So she is not mad?" Naruto asked to confirm. Sasuke looked at her and shook his head. He had known that it takes a bit to reassure Naruto that when people are looking for her it is not always bad. "Okay then. I guess I'll go visit Mikoto-san." Naruto declared as she sat up to heal all of Sasuke's wounds.
"And tomorrow too. Itachi says tomorrow is his turn to talk to you." Naruto jerked her head back in confusion. She can sense that there's another reason to it but she can't put her finger on it. "Why can't he just talk to me today as well?" Naruto asked, looking at Sasuke as they took a quiet and long route to go back to Sakura and Kakashi. He shrugged, he knows exactly why but he ain't about to tell Naruto anytime soon. They wanted Naruto to go over every single day so that she'll at least have one home cooked meal each day.