Chapter 7

"You can put me down, Sasuke. I'm really heavy." Naruto said softly. Sasuke looked down at Naruto who was in his arms. I really like this. I wish Naruto can stay in my arms forever. "You're not heavy at all." Sasuke reassured, cradling Naruto closer. Naruto blushed and buried her face in Sasuke's chest. I wish I can stay like this forever. "Are you okay?" Sasuke asked, his best friend is being awfully quiet.
"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Naruto asked, putting on her best grin. Sasuke sighed. He could see that Naruto isn't happy. "You aren't happy."
"I'm really fine, Sasuke." Naruto said softly. "Come now, Sasuke. Let me down, we are near the village already. What if people see?"
"People are going to see anyways when we get married." Sasuke muttered. Naruto's head snapped up. "What?" Naruto asked. Sasuke blinked, shit he said it out loud. "What?" Sasuke asked, trying to evade the question. He thanked Kami for listening to him when Kakashi came with Sakura a little further back, sulking and glaring at Naruto. The blond forced herself out of Sasuke's arms and stood beside the raven-haired boy. Team 7 headed towards the Hokage tower to report to Tsunade.

"Let's go get Ichiraku." Sasuke suggested to Naruto, ignoring Sakura's attempts at asking him out on a date. Naruto caught Sakura's eyes and she glared murderously at Naruto for ruining her chance to spend time with Sasuke. Naruto flinched and kept her head down. "It's okay, Sasuke! Iruka said he wanted to talk to me after our mission anyway. See ya!" Naruto said, running away while waving back at Sasuke.
"Wait- never mind." I was gonna treat... Sasuke thought, shivering slightly at the thought of Naruto eating so many bowls of ramen. He shoved his hands into his pockets and started heading home, thinking about how he might approach his confessing to Naruto. "I need to go train to get stronger to protect the one I love." Sasuke said, Sakura slowed as she thought about what he said. "Okay!" Sakura squealed, thinking that Sasuke was talking about her, despite all the signs that tell her that Sasuke will never think if her as more than an acquaintance.
Sasuke arrived home to be greeted by his mother. "Tadaima."
"Okaeri Sasuke." Mikoto called out from the living room. "How was the mission?" Fugaku asked, looking up from his work papers. Itachi, who was looking over their father's shoulder at the papers, also looked up at Sasuke.
"The mission was successful. However, we ran into bandits on the way back. They wanted to..." Sasuke trailed off, unsure if he should tell them. He knows that Itachi was protective of Naruto too seeing as the older Uchiha brother would check in on the blond almost every day. "What is it, Sasuke? Was someone hurt?" Mikoto asked.
"They wanted to take Naruto and sell because Naruto was as they said 'cute' and would sell for a high price." Itachi stood up straighter about to head out to look for Naruto when Sasuke stopped him. "I'm not finished. Sakura got mad that Naruto was the only one they wanted to sell so she screeched at them and insulted Naruto. They attacked then and Sakura was busy fawning over me so Naruto jumped in to protect her-"
"Did you treat Naruto's wounds? Did you bring Naruto to Tsunade-sama ?" Itachi asked.
"Jeez, can you be patient? I'm getting to it. Naruto got a deep cut across the stomach." Sasuke recounted everything that happened.
"I'm glad you didn't shun Naruto." Itachi muttered, clapping Sasuke on the back. "Well if I wanna court her, why would I shun her?" The rest of the Uchihas looked at Sasuke. Fuck. I said that out loud.
"What did you say, Sasuke?" Itachi asked, smirking slightly. Sasuke turned red, mumbling a quick 'nothing!' And bolting towards his room. Itachi looked at his parents. The two then looked at each other, and nodded - they approve of this relationship if it were to ever happen. Sasuke slammed the door shut. "Why can't I keep my mouth shut? Naruto almost knew and now my family knows. Sighhhhh. Why is everything going in so many directions?" Sasuke muttered to himself, he picked up his notebook to record down his mission details as he made little notes about his ideas that he thought about during the mission of how to show Naruto that he loves her.