Chapter 13

"Damn Sasuke, aren't you quick?" Neji commented when he saw Naruto and Sasuke walking together while he was with Tenten. Tenten looked towards Naruto and saw the bruises on her neck, making her smile when the blonde tried to hide them. "You better take care of her or I will make you a pin cushion." Tenten threatened, making the raven nod. Sasuke nudged Naruto, "see, people do care." Sasuke muttered and Naruto nodded, she can see that for herself now.
"Naruto!! I miss you so much!" A familiar voice reached their ears, making them turn around.
"Temari!" Naruto greeted excitedly, rushing to hug the blonde ninja. "How are you? How is Suna? How's Gaara and Kankuro?!" The shorter blonde asked, blabbering out her questions. Neji looked towards Sasuke to see if the Uchiha noticed it. Sasuke frowned, her mask is back on again.  "I am good. Suna is getting colder at night now. They are good too, Gaara misses you and is hoping you can visit someday." Temari said, holding out a scroll to Naruto. Sasuke growled slightly and Neji nudged him. "Possessive." Neji labeled, smirking. Sasuke didn't reply but neither did he deny.
"They are just best friends, chill, Uchiha. Gaara already has a girlfriend." Temari said, grinning when the Uchiha flushed. Naruto's eyes went wide, shining with genuine happiness. "What's her name?"
"Matsuri."
"I guess I will have to make a trip to Suna to meet Matsuri-chan." Naruto said, cracking her knuckles, making them laugh at how protective she is of Gaara. "She better treats Gaara well or I will personally go to Suna and make sure she experience hell," Naruto muttered, "how dare that panda not tell me that he found someone special. I thought we were friends!" Naruto fake cried, shaking a fist at the sky. Temari stifled a laugh as Shikamaru wrapped an arm around her; he poked her neck and pointed to Naruto. Temari looked at Naruto's neck and smirked at the Uchiha smugly. She nodded her head approvingly at Sasuke before shaking her fist at him, letting him know that if the Uchiha does anything wrong, she will pulverize him herself. "You didn't tell Gaara about your boyfriend either, blondie." Temari commented, Naruto blinked a few times before she gasped and slapped her cheeks. "Does he still have the kunai I gave him?"
"The only kunai he carries around." Temari said, sighing at how her brother doesn't bother with any other form of protection other than his sand. Naruto made a face, why does Gaara not bring around more weapons? "Tenten, do you happen to have any scroll that has just the standard kunai and shuriken? I will pay for them." Naruto asked, embarrassed to ask for things. Tenten pulled one out from her pouch, "of course and don't worry about payment, they aren't that expensive anyway since they came from my dad's shop."
"Really? Thank you!" Naruto exclaimed happily, taking the scroll from her weapon loving friend. Naruto turned to Sasuke gathering some courage, she pecked him on the lips quickly. "I will be right back, give me 5 minutes. I'm going to Suna." Naruto said quickly and when they registered what she just said, she vanished into thin air.
"How ar- What the. Where did she go?" Sasuke said, looking around. Neji had activated his Byakugan, searching their surroundings for Naruto. "She's gone... she's actually no longer in the village walls." Neji said in disbelieve.
"How? Even a shunshin wouldn't carry her all the way to Suna in less than 5 minutes with enough time to talk to Gaara!" Temari exclaimed, turning to her boyfriend for an answer but the Nara seems equally confused. "Shunshin is possible but not if she only gave herself 5 minutes." Shikamaru muttered, running through all the possible reasons as to how Naruto will get herself there. "I don't think she knows how to teleport... but why did she ask about the kunai?" Sasuke shrugged, they could ask Naruto later.

"HEY GAARA!" Naruto yelled, appearing from thin air. Gaara jumped in fright, accidentally pushing a pile of papers causing it all to fly and make a mess. "Oops." Naruto grinned as she helped Gaara gather the papers. "Kazekage-sama! Are you okay? We felt a spike of chakra." a Suna nin shouted, bursting into the room with weapons. "Who are you?!" the nin demanded when he spotted the Konoha headband and he chucked the kunai towards Naruto. Gaara's sand immediately formed a shield to protect Naruto from the kunai. "Don't attack my best friend." Gaara said, his voice is calm but cold. Gaara's protectiveness made Naruto smile a little. See! People care. Kurama boomed. Of course people care, brat. Another voice yelped, Shukaku - Gaara's tail beast.
"Who hurt you, Naruto?" Gaara said, wanting her to name them so he can kill them. Naruto shook her head at him, "It's fine Gaara. They are being taken care of at the Torture and Interrogation department." Gaara nodded, good. They better not be able to get out of the hospital for a few years. Gaara thought as Naruto waved a scroll in front of her. "A present for you. Kunais and shuriken. You should carry them around and learn how to use them."
"I do know how to use them, Naruto." Gaara said, taking the scroll and tucking it in one of the concealed pockets on his pants. Naruto grinned at him, she felt really happy seeing him. Gaara went to his desk, opening a drawer and pulled out a present. He went back to Naruto, holding the present out to her. "I got this for you. Happy birthday." he said, a little shy. "I didn't know what to get you so Matsuri helped me."
"Thank you, Gaara." Naruto muttered, giving her best friend a genuine smile. She pulled him into a hug. "Aww. When can I meet this Matsuri girl? When are you guys getting married." Naruto joked, nudging. Gaara blushed a little, looking away. "Right! I came here to tell you something, Temari told me that I didn't tell you." The redhead raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to continue. "I, uh, I think Sasuke and I are dating?"
"You think?" Naruto nodded meekly. Gaara looked at her a little longer before he sighed. He will approve of this if Naruto is happy. "If he hurts a single hair on you, I will crush him." Gaara warned.
"I need to head back now, Gaara. I will come visit more often!"
"You better. I miss you very much." Naruto grinned, she was glad that Gaara was showing more emotions now than before when they first met. Naruto waved at him before she disappeared without a trace. Gaara smiled contently at being able to see his best friend again. Naruto seems a little better than before she got together with Uchiha. I would crush those friend of hers that made her sad but she wouldn't like that.