Chapter 5

"Yo! Sorry I'm late guys. I got lost on the road of life and a black cat crossed my path so I had to find another way." Sasuke and Naruto looked at each other. Only people that like to waste time like Kakashi would get lost on a road that is literally a straight line and only 5 metres long. Sakura started preaching about being on time for the tenth time that week and the rest of the team tuned her out after they have already memorised her little speech. "We have a mission today, aren't you guys lucky!" Naruto threw on her happy mask as she pumped her fist into the air and cheered about having a mission and becoming the Hokage and taking on an S-ranked mission as a chunnin.
"Slow down Naruto. It's only a c-ranked mission this time." Kakashi said, making the blond pout. Naruto is so cute. The Uchiha thought as he stared at the pout a little longer to ingrain it in his memories. Kakashi seem to have noticed this as he nudged Sasuke suggestively and wiggled his eyebrow at the Uchiha, making the Chuunin scowl at his team leader. "Not a word." Sasuke warned. Maybe I should ask Naruto to come over to meet my family. I'm sure mother would love Naruto. No wait. Do I tell Naruto my feelings first or get the family approval first. Noooo. Why is this so difficult?! Sasuke pulled at his hair a little and Naruto instinctively reached her hand up to fix it without looking. She only realised her mistake when Sakura screeched and slapped her. "Don't touch Sasuke-Kun like that! Sasuke-Kun isn't into boys, Naruto!" She yelled. Naruto bit her lips, I'm stronger than this. I'm stronger than this. Naruto chanted as she didn't want to cry. "Ma, ma, Sakura don't hit your team mate like that." Kakashi said, looking up from his precious icha icha paradise. "Why not?! Naruto deserved it." Sakura said, pounding her fist into her palm. Naruto kept her gaze on the ground, refusing to meet anyone's eyes as Kakashi told them what to pack and for how long. "Alright! Then I'm going to pack now!" Naruto said, throwing her head up and grinning at her teammates before she turned on her heels and sprinted away before anyone could say anything else.

Naruto slowed down when she approached the forest, her house got burnt down yesterday but she was glad that she had moved whatever little possessions she had to her waterfall cave before they decided to burn her house. Naruto picked up her bag from a corner in the cave and started heading towards the gates where they were told to meet up. Kurama... Do you think it would be better if I left? Naruto asked the fox as she sat in the trees waiting. I think you should leave this wretched  village and you will grow so powerful that they'll regr- Naruto sighed and interrupted the demon fox. No, I mean. Leave, like, leave this world. I think everyone would be happier. Kurama froze when he understood what Naruto was trying to say. Kurama roared and pounced on Naruto, tackling the girl onto the ground. He shook her with his paws. You! How dare you. Who says people would be happier without you?! What about Tsunade? What about Sasuke?! He depends on you as much as you need him! Kurama boomed. Naruto looked away. They don't need me. Kurama snarled and thwacked her with his many soft furry tails. Who said that? Did they say it? Where is your prove?! Naruto looked at the ground. She didn't have prove. Naruto sighed as she wrapped her arms around one of kurama's tails. Naruto wanted to pick up a kunai and slice open her skin many many times but she knows she shouldn't do it out in the open. She looked out towards the path leading to the gates and saw Sasuke coming. Naruto debated on whether she wanted to call out to the boy or to shut up and be alone. Sasuke turned and spotted her up in the trees, the boy then gave her a smirk and jumped up to company her.
"I bought you a little something." Sasuke said, holding out a small box. Naruto silently took it and opened up the packaging. "Dangos?"
"I know you like them but you rarely buy them so... I thought I'd treat you." Sasuke said, muttering the last part shyly. The truth was that Sasuke was trying to court Naruto but he'll never say that out loud. Naruto blushed and nodded her thanks meekly. How did Sasuke know? Naruto wondered as she picked up a dango stick and held it out to Sasuke. "It's no fun eating... alone." Naruto said, hesitating slightly. She's always eating alone. Sasuke looked at her a little too long because Naruto pouted and retracted her hand, "fine. None for you then." Sasuke's hand darted out to grab hers. Naruto blushed a deep shade of red and shoved the dangos into his face, waving it to make him take it and let go of her hand. Sasuke bit off a ball of dango as he continued staring at Naruto who was actively avoiding his gaze. I should make Naruto blush more. It'd really pretty.