Part 1

-Your Pov-

Waking up in the morning, your head pounded. Trying to sit up, more and more pain concentrated in your head. Like a horde of Mammoth Grimm was stampeding over you. Rubbing your head, you tried to push yourself up, but then you were hit with a wave of even more aching. Looking around, you find yourself sitting in a tree, your weapon rested on your back. Looking down, you saw your flask on the ground. Standing up, you hopped down from the tree you had crashed on, and then picked up your flask. Trying to drink from it, one or two drops fell from it, which made you look at it in disappointment. Since you can't get drunk right away, your hangover rings, and you do your best to walk/stagger to wherever it is you're headed. Although, granted you haven't picked exactly where it is you're headed. Probably just wherever you can find yourself, and see if you can get work as a huntsman. Or, you could just lie back down and take another nap, and hope you wake up without a hangover. You think about it for a few more moments, before you keep walking. Might as well finish the things you start.

Eventually, you find yourself in a small town. Looking around, you see there isn't much to it. All there is to it is a church, a bar and the town hall. Sighing, you place your hands behind your head, and debate where you should go. Another sigh escapes your lips, and then you find yourself headed down to the bar. You push open the door, and some people glance at you in vague recognition. Making your way over to the counter, you sit down and the bartender smiles at you as he washes a glass. " What can I get for you today," he asks.

" Strawberry Sunrise," you tell him, and he nods. He turns around to make it, and then another thought crosses your mind. " Oh, and can you add one of those umbrella things to it?" This makes him smirk, and then he finishes your drink. He slides it to you, and then drops one of the small umbrellas into it. As you take nursing sips, he looks at you curiously, trying to figure out if he's seen you before, or if he knows who you are.

" Are you (y/n)," he asks. You slowly nod, wondering how he knows this. When you do, his eyes get really big. " I'm a really big fan of your work as a huntsman. My son collects your trading cards. Would you mind signing one of them for me?"

Dumbfounded, you nod and then he reaches into his pocket, and pulls out the trading card set from the year you graduated from Beacon. " Was gonna surprise my sun with this when I got home," he explains, and then he opens the pack. As he thumbs through it, you smile when you see some of the familiar names and faces. However, at a few of the names, you wince. Raven Branwen. Another wince when you see Taiyang's trading card, and how his effect is 'Power Couple' and how he gets an effect when the two of them are on the field at the same time.

It takes him a bit of time, and then he pulls out your trading card. Your eyes narrow when you see that your effect is 'Burning Rose,' and you accept the marker from him as you sign the card. Your mind starts racing, and then you start rubbing your forehead. If you're famous enough to have a trading card, then it means people are hearing about you. And, if they know to put 'Rose' in your title....it means you can expect a call from your sister, or for her to just come and find you.

When you finish signing the card, he smiles at you before carefully setting it away. " Thank you for this. This is going to make him really happy. If you need anything, then just let me know while you're in town. And, it goes without saying that your drink is free. Your signature is worth a lot more than a few drinks."

Nodding, you down your drink and ask for another one. He goes to work making it, and then you start rubbing your head. Yep, you definitely know your sister is going to come looking for you. That is not going to be fun. However, you slam the next drink he gives you, and then remember why you came to this town in the first place. " Hey, does anyone in this town need a huntsman," you ask him. He looks at you, and then shrugs.

" We might. This town doesn't really have huntsman with us. We don't really have a good combat training program, so most of us don't make it to the big leagues," he says, somewhat wistfully. " If you could stay for the next couple of days, then I think the mayor would really appreciate it. Nothing should happen, but it might assure everyone if we had a huntsman with us for awhile."

Nodding, you stand up to go. If anything, you were probably going to sleep in a tree again, before the bartender turns to you. " Oh, do you need a place to stay for the night? The bar doubles as an inn."

You shake your head. " I don't keep a lot of lien with me. What I do keep goes to keeping my weapon in one piece, and the rest is for drinks. The bartender gets a mischievous smile, before pulling out a trading card from your time at Beacon, a picture with your Team, DRYV. ( Drive.) He makes the offer that if you sign it for his son, then he'll give you a free night's stay. You chuckle at this, before agreeing. He hands you the picture, and you look somewhat wistfully at it. Opening the marker, you sign it before making your way to a small room.

Lying down, you feel your scroll ring in your pocket. Rolling your eyes, you go to grab it. You make predictions with yourself as to who it could possibly be, considering only three people have your number. So, is it your sister asking you to come home with a worried text? Qrow asking you for drinks? Or is it Raven calling because she's worried? That would be a nice surprise, but it'd doubtful. She hasn't called you in forever. If anything, it's one of the first two options. Your eyes scan the text, and you can't help but smile when you see the name of your sister on screen.

Summer: (y/n)? Is this still a good number for you?

You: Yeah.

Summer: Are you doing okay? I haven't heard from you in awhile, and I'm really worried.

You: Yeah, I've been doing fine. Just some work as a huntsman.

Summer: I heard. The Burning Rose. You've made a name for yourself.

You: Yeah, I apparently have trading cards. We all do.

Summer: Listen, is there any chance I could get you to visit Vale for at least a little bit.

You: Summer, you know why I can't come back. I just....you know why I left.

Summer: Raven's pregnant.

You: Fuck. Definitely not coming back to Vale now

Summer: Please?

You: Sure, sis. Let me come back and see the girl I fell in love with pregnant with the child of the man who stole her heart.

Summer: (y/n), please. We're all worried about you. Raven more so than any of us.

You: Really? I'm pretty sure if she was worried, she could just...teleport to me.

Summer: Look, we can talk about all of that later. But, can you please come back? Your team will be there, and so will Qrow. It will mean the world to Raven if you come back for the party. And, you can stay with me for a bit.

You: Fine. I'll start heading back to Vale tomorrow.

Summer: Thank you. It will mean so much to her if you come back. It will mean a lot to all of us. I love you (y/n).

You: I love you too sis.

With that, you put your scroll away before sighing. Raven's pregnant? Lying back on the bed, you sigh. If nothing else, seeing her again will be something else. But, one thing is for sure. You are gonna drink Qrow under the table after that baby shower.