Part 37

-Your Pov-

You sit with Yang and Blake in the dorms, playing video games with them. Currently, Qrow was in the office being lectured by Ozpin for fighting with Winter in the courtyard. Ruby sat with the two of you, commenting on the match in her best announcer voice, which made you feel really nostalgic. She's so much like her mother had been at that age, and it felt like Summer was still there in the room with you, even when she wasn't using the silver eyes to be connected with you. It made your heart throb in memories of all those days so long ago. 

A few moments later, Qrow enters the room, and you had him his controller. He begins to banter with Ruby and Yang, which makes you chuckle. Their interactions are practically the same way he interacted with Summer back in their time at Beacon, that same playful irritation and insults. And then you smile when Qrow tells a perverted joke, which causes Yang to lose the match, the split image of how Qrow used to annoy Raven during their time at Beacon. It's so easy for a moment to let your mind wander back. Everything has been making you feel so nostalgic these days. 

Eventually, Qrow loses to Yang, and he chuckles to himself and then hands the controller to Yang, and then he places a hand on her and Ruby's head to ruffle their hair, and then he stands up. " Well, being with you is going to cramp my style." He turns to leave, and then he pats you on the shoulder. 

" Can I talk with you brother-in-law-to-be," he says, and then you chuckle. Standing up, the two of you begin to walk the halls of Beacon, and have a joking conversation with each other. It's almost easy to think this one is just another conversation the two of you had when you had been teenagers. Oum, why is it you were so nostalgic of late?

The two of you end up in a bar, which makes you sigh. " I can't drink Qrow. Raven had to stop drinking because she's pregnant, so if I come home smelling like alcohol, she's gonna be pissed." He shrugs, and then asks the waiter for two beers. 

" I'm gonna drink for the both of us then," he says. " And this time, you're going to pay-off the bar tab. Because I have to say, it wasn't really cool how you left me stuck with it last time." You try to apologize for it, and then he chuckles. " It's okay." 

When the drinks come, the two of you sit in silence, and then he sighs, as do you. " So, you finally found her huh? Well, I suppose I'm glad. But, did you seriously join the tribe with her?" He looks at you, and then you simply shrug. 

" I mean, I guess? I work with her yeah. But I mean, I never went through that induction ceremony I've seen new members go through. It's a lot different than the way you always talked about it Qrow." He rolls his eyes at this, and then sighs. 

" Is your child going to be raised in that tribe? When it came to Yang, Raven had the good sense to leave her in the hands of someone who was qualified to raise her."

" Tai is hardly qualified to raise a child. I'm willing to bet my right arm that Summer did the majority of the work raising her and Ruby. And secondly, the fuck is wrong with you? I get things haven't always been peachy between you and Raven, but she's your sister. What gives you the right to say she isn't qualified to raise a child?"

" I know you think you love her (y/n). And, I don't want to be the one who says to you not to, especially not after you found her after all these years. The only thing I'm going to tell you is to be careful. Raven is nothing if not predictable, at least to me after years of knowing her."

With that, he simply drops the subject. Whenever you try to bring up Raven to defend her, he just ignores you and goes to another topic, simply saying something to the effect of, " I know I'm not going to be able to change your mind." Shrugging, you look down at your scroll to check the time. 

" So, are you gonna be at the wedding," you ask him, and then he nods, which surprises you. Raven had mentioned she had talked to him, but hadn't really told you much about the conversation. All you really had known is that she came home hurt about something he had said. 

" I'm walking her down the isle," he says. " I'm the only relative she has, and so she asked me to do it. And you're right (y/n), the two of us haven't always had the smoothest relationship. But, she's my sister, and you're my friend. I'm always gonna be there when the two of you get married."

" I appreciate it," you tell him, and then he cracks his neck and knuckles before looking at you. 

" And so, I'm gonna say this," he says. " She's my sister. So, if I find out you've done anything to hurt her purposely, then I'm gonna clobber you."

" That'll never happen," you tell him simply, knowing that you're stronger than Qrow and could beat him in a fight. And also knowing that you love Raven to the moon and back, and neither of you would purposely hurt the other one. 

" Glad to hear it," says Qrow. " Have you two thought about a name for the baby?"

" Summer," you tell him, and then his eyes widen. " I mean, she made this all possible for the both of us, and she supported the both of us all her life. She's going to be at the wedding too." He chuckles when you say this. 

" Cheers," he says, holding up a glass. Smiling, you decide to take one, and then clink it with his. 

( let me know what you thought. next chapter is probably the wedding. I just figured I needed to show the dynamic Qrow and the reader have together)