Part 19

-years later, Kali Pov-

I sit in the room, and then Ghira comes downstairs. He smiles at me, and then opens a thing of beer. " I just put Blake to sleep. Although, I'll probably have to tell her to put her book away later on tonight. I caught her reading late last night," he says. And then he takes the time to smile, and then offer me a cup of tea. " She gets that from you, ya know?" I chuckle at this, knowing he's probably right. Then, he takes a deep breath, and then plays with his hands for a few minutes. I sigh, knowing what's coming. We've had this talk before, and we keep putting it off. But, we can't continue to do so forever.

" She's old enough to start asking questions," he says, which is true. " Just today, she asked me why she has red tips in her hair, and her cat ears. She asked if one of us dyed the red out of our hair. I didn't have an answer for her, so I just decided to read her a book."

He then starts to peel the paper from the beer bottle, his nervous tick. " Have you managed to get back in touch with (y/n)," he asks. " He needs to be part of this conversation." I nod, knowing he's right.

" I haven't been able to reach him," I admit. " I've been trying for years. He's hard to find anything about. Last I heard, he had been moving from place to place, in search of someone. I think it might have been someone from his team."

Ghira nods, and then finishes peeling the label off the bottle. " I think we need to tell her," he says. " Blake's a smart girl. Eventually, she's going to find out, and then be angry with us for not having told her. And, I think everyone should grow up knowing who her father is. But, you know I love her, and consider her my own daughter."

He seems almost hurt for a moment, and I pull him into a hug. " She is your daughter," I tell him. " And, in a way, you will always be her father. (y/n) may be the one to give birth, and you're the man who raised her. And, if I could find (y/n), then I'm sure he'd agree with me on this. And, he'd want Blake to know."

My husband returns the hug, and then kisses my forehead. " Why did he take off anyways? He just left when the mission was done. He didn't even stay long enough to collect his reward, or tell us the mission was complete."

" I don't know all of the details of it myself. But, I saw a picture with him and some of his friends from back at Beacon. His gaze lingered on one of them, he said was Raven. Something happened between the two of them. But, he said in his note that she might be in trouble. I think he's looking for her."

This makes Ghira nod. " Well, I hope that does work out for him," he says after a bit of a pause. " I do wish he had stayed so I could thank him for the note. If it weren't for that, I wonder how you and I would have turned out."

The two of us continue to talk for a while about how we should handle this, and then he sighs. " You're right. She deserves to know this, doesn't she?" I nod, and then he opens his mouth to say something, and then I cut him off with a kiss.

When I pull away, I touch our foreheads together. " You will always be her father," I promise him before I sigh. However, a moment passes, and then the two of us notice an extra pair of eyes on us. I turn to see the source of it, and then see Blake, her amber eyes widened, and her book on the floor.

" What are you talking about," she asks, tears welling in her eyes. She turns to Ghira, and then does her best to wipe them away, but then they appear once again. " Aren't you my father? What's going on?"

Ghira goes over to her, and pulls her into a big hug. " I am your father," he says after a moment of thinking what to say. " But, the thing is, I'm not the man who conceived you with your mother. That was a huntsman she met before the two of us were a couple. (y/n) Rose."

Blake pushes away from him, and then manages to glare through her tears. " If he's my father, then where is he?! Did he just knock-up mom and leave?!" I would normally take the time to lecture her on reading more age appropriate books, but how sad she is makes me want to hug her, if she'd let me.

I make my way over to her, and then hug her. However, she squirms in my grip, and barely manages to break out. " Did he hurt you mommy," she asks sadly. " Did he make you do something you didn't want to do?!"

Ghira makes his way over to the two of us, and then he and I shoot each other looks, and then he nods. " It was before I was with Ghira. It was completely consensual between us, and it was pretty much agreed it was only going to be one time. He didn't hurt me in any way sweetie."

" Then where is he now?! Why isn't he here?! Don't people make babies because they love each other," she shrieks indignantly. " Why isn't he here?" I debate telling him about Raven. Maybe that will make her realize he's a person just like me and her, and that he is capable of love.

" Someone he loves might be in trouble," says Ghira. " He had to make sure she was okay. And, he had no idea about you." He says it, meaning the best. However, this has the opposite affect on Blake, and she runs into her room and slams the door.

I see Ghira take another swig of beer, and then I watch him with a morbid curiosity. This is one of the first times I've ever seen him drunk. " Well, that went well," he slurs.

( let me know what you thought.)