Part 17

-Timeskip your pov-

" She's beautiful Summer," you tell her, as you hold your niece in your arms. Tai rests an arm on her shoulder, and looks lovingly, both at your sister and your niece. You had come back to Vale right away when you had heard your sister was pregnant, and then had actually stayed for nine months, to support her through the difficult process of giving birth. You had been a little bit doubtful when you had found out that it was Tai she had conceived a child with, but in the end had decided to let it go when you realize he really did love her. It was good to see your sister so happy, and it was also good to see Tai slowly piece together his life after Raven left. And then there was that selfish part of you who knew that it meant you had a chance with Raven if you were able to find her since Tai was with someone else, and while he may have been a flirt, he wasn't a cheat. 

As you held Ruby, you saw Yang crawl/walk into the room, and you smiled. " Unca ( spelling error is on purpose. She's trying to call you 'uncle.')," she says, as she makes her way over to you. Smiling, you pick her up, and take the time to think about how much like Raven she looks. If she hadn't inherited Tai's hair color, then she would be the split image of her mother, based on the baby pictures of Raven you had seen. Qrow seems to be thinking the same thing, as he also has a wistful expression on his face, or maybe that's just the effect alcohol always has on him. 

After a while, Tai asks to hold Yang, and you oblige his request, while also handing Ruby back to Summer. The two of them start to talk, before Summer begins to take all kinds of pictures. While this is happening, Qrow gestures for the two of you to talk outside. He takes a long swig from his flask, before he sets it down and turns to you. Wiping his mouth, he holds up on finger, and then lets out a loud belch. 

" What did you want to talk about Qrow," you manage after a long chuckle. While it's good to be talking with him again, you find yourself remembering that his drunken antics aren't always the easiest. At least this time, he's talking with you instead of drunkenly hitting on your sister or someone else. 

" Are you still looking for Raven," he asks, slurring his words, and doing his best to stand still. " Because, if you are, I think you should stop. You've spent years doing this, hell we all did. But, I think it's time you accepted we would have found her if that's what she wanted."

" Qrow, she's your sister," you protest. " And Yang's mom. She's important to all of us. We can't just give up on her. She's family. Can you really walk away from all that? What if she's actually in trouble, and needs us to find her?"

" (y/n), you know as well as I do Raven could have come home anytime she wanted. I have it on record that she went back to the bandit tribe to be their leader. So, there's where she is. Just give up kid." You find yourself getting angry when he says this, thinking about how you and Summer would never tell anyone to give up on the other, trying to wrap your head on the idea of how a brother can give up on his sister. 

" There has to be a reason she went back to the tribe," you insist. " Give me the location, or any of there locations. I can track her, and I can figure out why she left all of us. There's no way that she would up and leave."

" Face facts (y/n)," he says. " She did up and leave. And let's be real, you're wasting your life doing this. If she wanted to see you, it would take her all of three seconds to teleport in front of you. By now, you could have settled down and started a family, if you weren't so insistent on bringing her back."

" I don't wanna start a family with anyone other than her," you tell Qrow, and you see him roll his eyes. " Look, maybe it doesn't make sense to you. But, I love her. Against reason. Against hope. Against believe. Against any measure of disappointment." Hopefully, the profoundness of that quote will make him back off, but you're not that lucky. You never are. 

" Are you in love with her, or the idea of her," he asks, which stuns you and makes you take a step back. " She has flaws, and self-destructive natures like everyone else (y/n). I know better than anyone the dangers of putting someone on a pedestal. If you don't stop, then you're going to run yourself into the ground, and destroy yourself. Which, you have to know isn't what Raven would want you to do."

" I'm going to find her Qrow," you manage after a long pause, stunned by his response. He just shrugs, before going back inside, and gesturing for you to follow. After a moment, you do and then make conversation with your sister and Tai. 

That night, you have your bags packed, and you see Summer make her way downstairs to you. " I heard from Qrow you were leaving again," she says, sounding like she expected it, like it was some disappointment she knew was coming, but hoping it would be put off as long as possible. " When are you going to be back?"

" For your birthday, and Ruby and Yang's at the very least. I don't know about anything else. I promise I'll send things for Christmas if I can't make it back. She's a part of this family Summer, and I'm going to bring it together again."

She nods when you say this, and then pulls you in for a big hug. When she pulls away, she smiles sadly at you. " Take care of yourself okay?" Once you promise that you will, you head back out into the night, determined to bring back Raven. Forget what Qrow said. You know you're in love with her, no ifs, ands or buts about it. 

-Raven Pov-

I watch as (y/n) walks off into the night, doing my best to hide out of sight from Summer and Tai. I wanted to come back to make sure Summer gave birth with no complications, but also to see how everyone else was doing. I have to admit, it breaks my heart to have missed seeing Yang walk and speak for the first time. However, my heart is always warmed by how hard (y/n) is willing to go to see me. I want to talk with him, but I know I can't. If I did, I would never be able to go back to the bandit tribe, unless I got him to come with me, but I know that isn't possible. 

Still, I'm glad he hasn't been seriously injured. I feel a little bit bad when I think about how Qrow is right. He could have moved on and been happy long ago. He's attractive as always, and still has his big heart, the main reason I fell for him. Despite all this, I promise myself to do my best to take care of him. He doesn't know it, but I have been looking out for him, small things like tucking him in if he forgot, but it's all I can do. 

" You can come out now, and stop pretending like I haven't found you yet," calls a familiar voice. My brother. Qrow. " I know you're there...Raven," he says. 

( let me know what you thought. I wanted to set the dynamic up between (y/n) and Qrow. Also, what do you think Qrow and Raven will talk about. As always, let me know what you thought and what you wanna see.)