Part 41

-Your Pov-

When you ask your question to him, Tai begins to laugh. It isn't a genuine laugh, rather a condescending laugh, filled with irritation, and makes it clear just how stupid he finds the question you asked him. At one point, he doubles over laughing, and then he sits up with a smile on his face, and he wipes tears from his eyes that had appeared when he laughed too hard. " What the hell do you think is so funny," you ask him, hands balling into fists at your side. Of all the days for him to show up, it has to be today? What's supposed to be the best day of your life has been tainted by him being here.

" I think it's funny you wanna ask me that," says Tai. " I mean, after all, I'm not the one who ran away from all my responsibilities. So really, I should ask you what the hell you two think you're doing here, getting married after leaving everyone important to you behind." You scoff when he says this, and then he turns to you. " Find something funny?"

" You were never that important to me Tai," you tell her, and then his glare intensifies. Raven places a calming hand over yours and then squeezes. Normally, this would work. But, you've had enough of Tai even being here. " And you wanna talk about responsibilities? You know what happened when Summer died? You shut down, and left Yang to take care of both herself and Ruby."

" Yeah, well I'm not the first one to do that," he says looking at Raven with an accusatory look on his face, and then he turns to you. " And, let's not act like you were always there for Yang and Ruby either. Let's not act like you were there for Raven when she got married, and let's not act like you were around for Yang. You avoided her because she reminded you of the fact that Raven and I had a child together."

" No, I avoided her because I think you're a dick, and I knew if I went to the house, I would have to deal with you," you tell him. " And then I'd want to punch your face in, and I really didn't feel like having Summer angry at me because I beat up her husband."

Tai is about to say something when Raven steps in between the two of you. " We can do this any other time," she says. " I just want to go on honeymoon, so can I please just go? I can explain everything to you later Tai."

" You stay the hell out of this," he says to her. " You are exactly why this conversation is even happening in the first place." Tai then turns to you. " I hope you know she's going to leave you. It's just who she is. One night, you'll wake up and she'll be gone. Because Raven runs away from everything."

" Maybe she just got tired of waking up next to you," you tell him, and then you can tell you struck a nerve. He begins to curl and uncurl his hands into fists, and then you smirk when you see this. Tai never was able to beat you in sparring, and if he gave you half a reason, you would beat him into the pavement. " You seriously think you can beat me."

" I have no doubt," Tai says as he begins to crack his knuckles and neck.

" No, you have no clue," you tell him, also getting ready to fight him. Raven gives you this look that says she agrees with you, but doesn't want to fight on your wedding day, and then you realize she's right. This is the best day of your life, and you know that it isn't worth letting Tai get to you And so, you take her hand, and then she opens up a red portal in front of the two of you. Except, Tai has to get one last dig in there.

" Yeah, run away. Like the two of you always do. Like Raven did from her daughter and her marriage. Like you did from the fact that Raven was able to move on. Run away like you did when Raven was going to get married to someone else," he says, and then you just stop walking. Raven looks at you, knowing what's about to happen.

" Maybe I'm a flirt," he admits. " But you know what? You guys are way worse than me. I mean, I did the best I could to raise two baby girls, and I did a damn good job. But you two? One of you is a deadbeat mom, and the other one runs around making illegitimate daughters."

He says this, and then you turn around and start walking back towards him. He smirks and then walks for you as well. When Tai gets close enough, you punch him in the gut as hard as you can, and then he coughs rapidly. You then begin to beat him down, and then he's on the ground groaning in pain. As he tries to rise, you kick him in the jaw one more time.

Flames begin to shoot from you, and they bubble the pavement around the two of you. " I can put up with a lot," you tell him calmly, as he tries to back away from you. " Make fun of me all day long, and I won't care. Make fun one of the ones I love, and then I lose my temper. But, no one calls my daughters illegitimate." With that, you headbutt his nose, and then drop him to the ground as he passes out.

Walking over to Raven, she smiles at you and squeezes your arm. " I never got to do this," she says, and then she takes out the ring from her marriage with Tai, and then throws it at him as he lies there. You smile when you see this, and she opens the portal again, and then you take her hand.

As you step through the portal, all thoughts of Tai fade. Everything fades except for the thought of starting a new life with Raven.

( let me know what you thought)