Part 27

-Raven Pov-

(y/n) sees me, and his silver eyes widen with excitement. I have to resist the urge to smile, and remind myself that I'm supposed to be angry with him. But, I have to really try. When he runs towards me for a hug, I sidestep it, and he trips and falls. As he stands, I notice the pure hurt in his silver eyes, and I can't help but feel guilty. " Raven," he says, still so happy just to see me. " I'm so glad you're here. How have you been, and why did you leave, and where have you been?"

" Stop looking for me," I tell him harshly, and tears well in his eyes. He's always been quick to tears when the ones he loves are angry with him. It was something I always was aware of, and did my best to avoid needlessly hurting his feelings. But now, I need to do this. If I don't, then he's going to waste his life looking for me. I need to set him free from this.

" I can stop looking. You're here right now," he says, and my heart breaks. " You don't have to push away everyone you love. You don't have to keep leaving. I spent years looking for you, because I love you. It isn't so you could tell me to give up."

" You don't love me," I snap, and I see him flinch. " I know you've been hooking up with random women at bars! And then for Oum's sake, you have a daughter with one of them! What happened to the (y/n) who waited for us to get together so it could be special?!"

I see his eyes harden into anger, even though they still glisten with tears. " You wanna know what happened Raven?! You happened," he yells. " You broke my heart in an argument about the stupid bandit tribe, and broke up with me for it. Then, you realized I was right, and then got with Tai. The first time you talked with me in years was to tell me you were getting with Tai, and marrying him."

" I told you to move on because I didn't want this to happen! I remember how special I thought you were for not having one-night stands, how dedicated you were to finding someone you could settle down with. Just because you were hurting, it doesn't give you the right to compromise all your principles!"

" Yeah, you told me to move on! And, I did my best to Raven, Oum knows I did. But, you can't tell me to move on, and then be mad with how I try to do it." I no longer have to try to pretend to be angry with him.

" Hooking up with the bar slut who will let you do her hardly counts as trying to move on," I say to (y/n), and I see him get angrier, and try to defend himself. " There's no answer to that (y/n)! What did you know about her?! What did you know about any of them other than the fact they wanted you?! And then you have a daughter with one of them! Who you left for years because you wanted to chase after a girl who broke up with you in high school."

" Don't bullshit me Rave," he says. " You and I were more than a high school couple who broke up. And you know the difference between me and you when it comes to our daughters?! If I had known about Blake, I would have been rushing back to try and be there. But you? You knew about Yang. What's your excuse for leaving her? What's your excuse for leaving any of us?!"

I reach for my sword, and tighten my grip around the hilt so tight my knuckles start to turn white. He sees this, and then grabs the sword on his back. " You have no idea how much it hurt me to leave," I tell him. " No idea. But, then again it's easier for all of you to think about how much I hurt you by leaving. None of you ever thought for one second that maybe I was hurting too!"

He lets out a breath, and he lets go of his sword, which prompts me to do the same. " Summer and I believed in you, even when everyone else was ready to give up. And yeah, she stopped. But, that was only because she gave birth to Ruby, and needed to take care of her. But me? I put every obligation on hold to look for you. So, don't make yourself the victim here Raven. Don't act like it's you against all of Remnant. Because you made that choice. Not anyone else. And for what?"

" There are evils in the world you can't begin to comprehend," I tell him. " I had to go back to the bandit tribe. We act as a buffer between the world and those evils." This makes him glare, and he punches a hole through a wall in the alley. Pulling his hand out, I can't help but be concerned when I see the skin that ripped away.

" You and that stupid tribe! What the hell do they have that's more important than your husband, your daughter, your best friend, your brother?!" He gets angrier with each thing he mentions. " And, well...me?" The hurt in his eyes replaces the anger, and my instinct to comfort him once again takes over.

I start to walk away, until a pillar of fire erupts in front of me. " You don't get to walk away from me again," he says angrily. So, I turn around and he walks closer towards me. " I could just....I should just...urgh!" When he says this, he pulls me into a deep kiss. I find myself using my hands around the back of his neck to deepen it, and the two of us fall to the ground, continuing to kiss.

-Skipping the lemon-

(y/n) and I lie next to each other, catching our breath. The anger both of us had stored inside for the other is gone, replaced with gratitude that the other is here. I place my clothes back on, and he does the same. I slowly carry him into the hotel room, and then set him down on the bed. He wraps his arms around me. " Please don't fly away again pretty-bird," he says.

" I'll be right here. As long as you keep growing in my garden, my Rose," I tell him, and he smiles before drifting to sleep.

-Summer Pov-

I watch my brother from the afterlife, checking in on Ruby when he starts to get intimate with Raven. I'm happy the two of them are together, or at the very least starting to work things out. When I check in on (y/n) again, he's cuddling with Raven. And I have to wonder....has my brother never heard of a condom?!

( let me know what you thought. Also, as to why I skipped the lemon. I don't feel comfortable writing them. I have tried, and none of them worked out, and it was extremely awkward for me to even try. If you have any problems with it, pm me. Also, let me know what you thought of the " pretty-bird" and " my Rose" scene, as I actually thought it was adorable. Also, heads up, Summer starts being prominent again soon.)