Part 4

-Raven Pov-

As I walk home with Qrow, I find myself thinking about (y/n). Seeing him last night was something else. I had done the best I could to make sure he was okay all these years with both my ability to teleport, as well as my bird form. However, after enough time, he managed to get far away enough that I couldn't keep looking for him. I had hoped he had been okay, and then I also did the best I could to follow his exploits. Like Qrow had said, he made quite a name for himself. The name of the 'Burning Rose' slowly became a household name, and his stock and net worth skyrocketed. At first, I couldn't be certain that it was (y/n), since it was a bit of a stretch. But, in time when more and more people talked about him, I knew it had to be him. A sword that burst into fire, a rose tattooed on his left wrist, and silver eyes. It had to be him. And when I saw him last night, I knew it was. 

He had seemed different from Beacon somehow. Like his time in the world had hardened him, and changed him. His face seemed less childlike and innocent, and a thin scar went from his chin to just below his left eye as proof of the hardship he must have faced in the world. His weapon was dented, and the blade dulling, which made me realize he must have always been on the move. Back in Beacon, he had always taken care of it, repairing even the smallest dent. Most concerning of all to me had been his eyes. In my time at Beacon, I remember having been so impressed with the light in his silver eyes. Seeing him last night, it was still there, just a little bit duller. I try and tell myself it was just the years he spent in discomfort and always on the move, the events of the real world that had dulled the light in his eyes. However, there was the small part of me that had known why the light in his eye had seemingly gone out. I was the reason his silver eyes didn't sparkle anymore. I had hurt him in a way that his aura or modern medicine could heal. 

Qrow notices me deep in thought, and snaps a finger in front of my face. I blink several times in shock, and he smirks and then takes a swig from his flask. " Well, good to see you're still in there," he says, his words starting to slur. " I've been trying to get your attention for the last few minutes. I was asking you if it was good to see (y/n) and Summer again."

" Oh, it was good," I say, neutrally as I can. " It was good to just take that time to get caught up with the both of them after all this time. And then, it was especially nice to see (y/n) again. I had been worried about him." 

My brother smirks at this, and then tosses away his empty drink. " Yeah okay," he says, shooting me a knowing look, knowing well I had kept tabs on (y/n) the entire time. " I might go drinking with him later. I'm gonna make him pay, seeing as how when he left, I was the one who got stuck with the bar tab."

I notice the way my brother talks about this, a mix of anger at (y/n)'s sudden departure, and happiness to know he's back. It makes me sigh again, as I wonder what his arrival back in Vale means for me. For Qrow, it means a friend and drinking buddy is back. For team DRYV, it means the last member is with them. To Summer, it means her little brother is safe and sound, at least for now. I wonder what this will mean to Tai, and more than that, I wonder what it means for me. Does his arrival signal the return of a man I may have loved, or the man I called my best friend? Either way, I'm glad that he's back for however long he may be back. 

As I keep walking with Qrow, I find myself adjusting the engagement ring on my finger, and then give a smile when I think about how in less than a month, Tai and I are going to be married. That's been something I wanted for so long, and in less than a month, I'll finally have it. Qrow smirks when he sees me do this, and then walks ahead of me. In the dark of night, he walks out of sight, and I figure he's just going to a bar. 

Smiling, I sit down on a bench, and place my hand over my stomach, wondering if I can feel it kick. Being a mother hadn't been something I planned on, and yet I found myself growing more and more excited everyday to be a mother, especially with Tai as the father. As I keep sitting on the bench, I notice someone walk by, and then realize from the streetlight showing me his tattoo exactly who it is. " (y/n)," I ask, and he turns to see me, and gives a small smile. I wince when I notice how even that seems a little less bright than it once was. However, the familiar sight of it makes me smile. 

" I was just gonna go meet your brother for drinks," he explains. " He wanted me to finally pay him back for when he got stuck with the bar tab. And then he said something about interest on top of that." I laugh at this, and then think about it for a second, before patting the spot next to me on the bench. 

" Do you want to sit with me," I ask, and he looks confused. " We didn't really talk much when I was at your house. Between my brother asking you for drinks over and over, and then Summer getting caught up with you, you and I missed that chance. He thinks about it for a second, before sitting down next to me, and I sigh, and find myself wondering what this talk will lead to.