Part 14

-Your Pov-

You stand on the boat, and watch the ocean go back and forth. The waves rolling and shining, as well as the light they reflect from the sun. The familiar smell of the ocean hits you, and you let out a wistful sigh. This view is something you would rather see with someone, anyone. A friend from your team. A dusty old crow. Your sister. But, really you're kidding yourself really. The only other person you would like to see this view with is Raven. She would have loved this view. Knowing her, Raven would act tough, and like it was nothing special. But, she would remember it forever, and do her best to subtly hint that she would want to see this again. Another wistful sigh escapes your lips, and then you feel the boat dock in the port. Smiling, you're glad to be off. Hopping off the boat, you take the time to thank Oum. That boat ride took forever. Another day more, and you probably would've just tried to swim the rest of the way. You stretch out before your scroll rings.

??: (y/n). I got word that your boat just arrived in Menagerie. Can you please make your way down to the townhall?

You: Sure. Who is this though?

??: Oh, forgive me. Where are my manners? I'm Kali. I'm one of the two chieftains of the town, along with my friend Ghira. We were the ones who requested you for the mission.

Sending a quick text of confirmation, you make your way down to the townhall. Opening the door, a huge man with a vest and chest hair offers his hand to you. Taking it, you feel the bones in your hand want to die. " Ghira," he says simply. He points to a woman with black hair, and amber eyes. " And this is Kali. We're the two chieftains of Menagerie."

You nod, and notice Kali shoot a wink at you, which makes you rub the back of your head. " Right," you tell Ghira, doing the best you can to regain your composure. " Well, thank you for having me. I heard you two specifically asked for me?"

Ghira nods, and then hands you a folder. " That's right. The 'Burning Rose' is one the most famous huntsman today. The people of Menagerie wanted you. Now, I trust you. But could you just give me a bit of a demonstration of your status. As I'm sure you know, imitating a huntsman can be quite profitable."

Smirking, you pull down your left sleeve and reveal the rose tattoo on your wrist. He sees this, and then nods. To further proof your point, you have some flames appear over your hand. " Okay," he says. " Anyways, take a look through that folder. If you have any questions, just ask me."

You take the time to thumb through it. The mission seems simple enough, just protecting Menagerie from some bandits. You hand it back to Ghira, and then he nods at you. Idly, you wonder if the tribe you're after is the Branwen tribe. You shake your head. Even if it is, you have a mission to do. And it isn't like the tribe is innocent. On top of everything else they've done, they're the reason you and Raven split up. Returning your mind to the case at hand, you tell Ghira and Kali you'll do the mission.

" Alright," he says, before he turns to Kali. " We have a hotel set up for (y/n). I have to finish something here, but if you wouldn't mind showing him to it? And giving him a brief tour of the city?"

She eagerly nods, and then links her arm with yours. Kali practically drags you out of the room, and starts eagerly showing you around the city. Eventually, she takes you into a hotel, decorated simply. " It isn't much," she says apologetically. " We didn't know when you were coming or how long you would be in town. If you want, Ghira and I can get you a nicer one in the morning?"

You shake your head, and you set your back down. " No, it's fine. I don't think the mission will take me too long. They'll just show up, and then I'll torch them. And this is all I need for the time I'll be here." She nods, and then opens her mouth to say something, but then your scroll rings with a text from summer. You see the screensaver you have, and then wince. Your team with STRQ.

Summer: (y/n), where are you? The rehearsal dinner is tonight.

You: Busy. I'm in Menagerie for a mission.

Summer: Are you going to be at the wedding?

You: Gonna go with no.

Summer: What?!

You: Yeah. It wouldn't be fair to anyone if I did go, hurt as I would be.

Summer: I get it.

You: Give everyone my best though.

Setting the phone aside, Kali turns to you. " I saw your screensaver. Who was everyone?" You give the line that it was you with your old team from Beacon, and then the team of your best friend. She nods at this. " Any of them your girlfriend?"

" Nah," you tell her. " My sister, and then some friends." She nods, and then thinks about something for a little bit, and then you turn off your phone while you wait for her to say something.

" Hey," she says, suddenly suggestive. " Do you wanna make the most of your time here? Among other things I've heard about you, you do have a bit of a reputation with women. I wanna see if it's overrated. See if you can make this kitten purr."

You hold up a finger, wondering what to say, thinking up a speech about intimacy like you always do when a girl approaches you. And yet, you think about Raven smiling at Tai at the rehearsal dinner, and so you turn to Kali. " That would not be the worst idea in the world."

-No lemon for you.-

The next morning, you wake up, and see Kali making breakfast in your sweatpants and t-shirts. Idly, you muse to yourself you didn't wear a condom. But, it should be fine.