Part 43

-Raven Pov-

I hold onto Yang as she sobs, and then she tries her best to tell me what exactly it was that happened to her, that the attack had only been in self-defense. I nod, and promise I agree with her, which I do. The entire time she and I had been apart, I had kept a watchful eye on her, and I knew her well. She may have had a temper, but she very rarely started a fight, rather made sure to be standing to throw the last one. If she had claimed that it had been in self-defense, then it was self-defense, simple as that. On top of that, I had seen Mercury and his group around, I had gotten a bad feeling from each and every one of them.

Eventually, she manages to stop crying, and then I let go of her to look at her. A small smile plays on my lips when I see how beautiful she is. I had known that she was a beautiful young woman, but seeing her up close for this long was amazing, and the first time I had been able to do so. " I'm so proud of you," I tell her, and then she looks at me. " I've seen everything, and I am so proud that you have grown up into a beautiful young woman ,so strong, and kind." She smiles with my words, and then hugs me again. I return the hug, and then we hold onto each other for a little bit.

" Thank you Mom," she says, and then I smile. I hadn't expected her to call me that, and I was so happy that she had. I knew that I had a long way to go before I would be able to make up for all the time I had been away from her, but even the fact she was going to give me the time and chance to be her mother again was amazing, and something I had wanted for years. Thanking any god there was for this chance, I began to stroke her hair like I had when she had just been born.

" Can you send in Blake," she asked for a few moments. " She already met Dad, and I want her to meet you now," says Yang, and then I smile at her. I nod, and then send a text to (y/n). A few moments later, the door opens and then Blake walks in with (y/n). The two of them smile, and then Blake makes her way over to the two of us. " This is my mom Blake," Yang explains, and then Blake smiles and sits on the bed with the two of us.

I talk with Blake for a little bit, and then I smile when I know Yang is with someone who can be trusted to take care of her, and then I look over at (y/n), clearly thinking the same thing about his daughter. As Blake talks, I notice the little mannerisms she go from (y/n), and I think how proud of her he must be. " It was good to meet you," says Blake eventually, shaking me from my daze. " Can Yang and I have some time alone," she asks, and then I nod, and smile. Giving Yang a kiss on the forehead, I go with (y/n).

Opening a portal, I go with him to stand at Summer's grave, and then look out into the ocean as the sun starts to set. " I'm proud of you," he says, and then I look over at him. " I mean, talking to Yang was a big step for you. It must have taken a lot of courage." To my surprise, I find myself agreeing, it had been so scary to me, the idea that I might have lost my chance to be her mother forever.

" Was it like that when you met Blake," I ask him, and then he chuckles a little and laughs. He puts his hands in his pockets, and then looks out into the distance, and then he smiles back at me, and takes out a picture he has with Blake and shows it to me.

" She slammed the door in my face actually," he admits to me, and then I nod. " She can be stubborn, she gets that from me. And a nasty habit of trying to isolate the ones who love her. Again, got that from me," he says, and then I nod. " But yeah, it was every bit as scary as when you did it. I kept thinking how I might have lost a chance to be her father. But, thanks to Yang, I took the chance, and now I am so proud of her."

" Well thank you," I tell him, knowing that without his help, I never would have taken the chance I took today, and then he nods, knowing exactly what I mean. The two of us keep watching the sunset, holding hands with each other, and a peaceful feeling washes over the two of us.

The next night, he and I go to Beacon to see our daughters, and then spend the day with them. As we go down, we decide to watch the fight between Pyrrha and Penny, which Ruby had said to (y/n) was sure to be a good fight. He and I watch from a distance, and then our eyes widen when Penny is ripped into pieces. As the fans erupt into confusion, the Grimm begin to flood into Beacon, and then (y/n) and I look around, and then lose sight of Blake and Yang. Panic enters us, and then we quickly grab our weapons.

" Split up," he says to me. " Go teleport to Yang, and then come find me, and I'll get Blake. The four of us will get the hell out of here," he says, and then I nod. After giving him a kiss for luck, I watch as he begins to burst into flames, and then fight his way through the Grimm. I watch for a few moments, and then I begin to fight my way, trying to find Yang. As I do, I think to myself that whoever caused this made a mistake: They separated me and (y/n) from each other and our daughters. It would be the last mistake they had the chance to make.

( let me know what you thought)