Part 16

-Timeskip 2 years, your pov-

You find yourself lying in a tree, and running a hand through your hair. The early light of the sun shines on you, and your red tips shine a little bit. Blowing a stray strand out of your face, you look at what you know so far about Raven. Absolutely nothing helpful. If she did go back to the tribe, then you would be none the wiser for it, since no one knows where it is. And, then there is the very real possibility that she doesn't want to be found. Deep down, you knew that if she wanted too that she could avoid detection forever. Memories of her avoiding everyone back in her time at Beacon when she was upset proved this, as did the fact that you spent the last two years of your life looking for her. You had hoped Qrow had some sort of mystical ability to find his twin whenever he wanted, but alas. 

However, you knew that there was no way you were going to give up. No matter what had happened between you and Raven, there was no way you could live your life knowing she was somewhere out there, maybe in trouble and needing someone. Whenever the idea of her getting hurt entered your mind, your heart and body just moved on there own. Your feelings for her were always growing, and they were impossible to control, and almost dangerous somehow. And yet they were your feelings, and you had done your to suppress them for long enough. You were in love with Raven Branwen, and you were going to find her. 

With that new resolve in mind, you stood up from the tree, and hopped down. A jolt ran through your ankles, but nothing too bad. As you regained your balance, you took in a deep breath of the cool morning air. The sun was just starting to rise, and a smile appeared on your face. " I'm going to find you Raven," you muttered to yourself. " Just you wait. I'm going to bring you back to the ones who love you, including me."

-Summer Pov-

Waking up, I see that Tai has left. Smiling, I make my way over to the kitchen. He holds Yang in one arm, and mumbles to himself as he reads from a cookbook. " I have no idea what they mean by 'cup'. All of ours are different sizes. Unless of course they mean to always use the biggest one."

I laugh at this, and then he pretends to glare at me. However, he looks me up and down, and then gives a huge smile. " Good morning," he says. " I'm just doing my best to cook a healthy breakfast for you and Yang. Gotta take care of the two, soon to be three most important girls in my life."

Laughing, I give him a kiss on the cheek, before sitting down to pull out my scroll, and debate who I should text first about the news. We figured out last night that I'm pregnant with his child, and we're actually planning to get married. I smile at this, glad I was able to make such a positive impact on the life of Tai and Yang. When Raven first left them, the two of them were in ruins, and now the two of them were as happy as ever. Even though I worry about Raven, I can't help but be irritated that she just left everyone like this At first, I tried to make excuses for her, and find rational ways to explain why this had happened, any good reason why she might have done this. But, Tai, Qrow and I all spent two years looking for her, to no effect. Sadly, all of us had realized that if she wanted to be found, then we would have found her a long time ago.

All of us realized that except for of course, my little brother. When I had told him that Raven had vanished, he came back to Vale looking like he had finally found his purpose again, never mind the hickey on his neck. He looked like a new man, determined to bring Raven back. And, I hadn't heard from him since. He hadn't come back to Vale to see any of us. I know that right now, he's looking for Raven. I try to see things through his eyes, find the reason she's worth this search, even after exploding and causing damage to all of our lives. And yet deep down, I know that my brother is in love with her. And, that's all the reason he needs to look for her. " I really hope you get her someday," I mutter to myself, as I send off a text to him to tell him the news about me and Tai. 

-Kali Pov-

I smile when I see Ghira carry Blake around the house like a football, and then panic for a few minutes when he stubs his toe on the door. A series of curses escape from his lips, and then he smiles and kisses Blake on the forehead. She babbles at him, and then looks over at me. I smile seeing my daughter, her bright amber eyes and rich black hair. One would easily be forgiven for thinking that Ghira was her biological father. And yet, the red tips her hair and cat ears ended with were proof of the real man who had fathered her. (y/n) Rose. 

When he had left Menagerie, I had tried to get back in touch with him, and never managed. He had changed his scroll number, which makes sense. A lot of huntsman do that, especially if they have a reputation which would make them a target. I didn't hold any resentment to him for leaving like he had. It was a one-night stand, and I know him. Even though he was only in town for a little bit, he has a kind heart. If he had known about Blake, he would be doing the best he could to help me raise her, which is why I'm trying so hard to reach him. And really, I couldn't be mad at him if I wanted to. He gave me the advice to settle down, which is why I was able to marry Ghira, and of course my daughter Blake. Wherever he is, I hope he's okay. 

-Raven Pov-

I sit in the trees in bird form, and watch as (y/n) walks off. I turn back into a human when he's out of sight, and let out a long sigh. A long time ago, everyone else who had been looking for me had given up and gone home, which gave me a lot of conflicting emotions. On the one hand, I was glad they were happy, and not spending their life to find me. And on the other, there is some selfish part of me who had hoped it would be more than two years before they were willing to give up on me. But, seeing (y/n) spend his life on this hurt. If he wanted to, he could easily have settled down, and found happiness. And yet, it makes me so happy to know that he still hasn't given up on me. 

He's spent everyday looking for me. Two different sets of holidays, and birthdays. And yet he never even looked back. Unbeknownst to him, I've had several members of my bandit tribe follow him to make sure he's okay. And, when I have the time, I follow him from a distance, using my teleportation and bird form. " I love you (y/n)," I say to myself, stepping through a portal and back to my tribe. 

( let me know what you thought of this chapter)