Part 44

-Raven Pov-

As I fight my way through Beacon with relative ease since a lot of the fighters I have to deal with would be hard for students to deal with, but for me, someone who has spent a lifetime in combat, this is the easiest thing in the world for me to deal with. As I fight, I think to myself about how the first time in my life, I'm getting a chance to do what a mother should do, fight for her children and protect them, and the thought makes me feel a little guilty, but I don't have all that much time to stop and think about it. Even if I know that, I force myself to keep moving, but the thought keeps coming to me.

The truth of it is, I have been a horrible mother to Yang. I was there when she needed to breastfeed as a baby, and I was there when she said her first words, but that was all I was able to be there for. I tried to tell myself a lot that I didn't have a choice, and for the good of the world, but the truth is, I never bought that. I did and do think I needed to because of Salem and everything else, but I know the odds are, it was just an excuse. I was always worried I would be a horrible mother, and in my fear, I ran.

(y/n) on the other hand has never been like that, and he's always been an amazing parent, and an amazing parental figure. When I would get lonely, I would turn into my bird form, and then I would watch as he spent time with Ruby and Yang, and how much the two of them looked up to him. And I always knew if he had a child of his own, then he would be an amazing father to that child. For me, that was confirmed when I got to see him dealing with Blake, and raising her the best he could, even if he did come into her life a little late.

Shaking the thoughts from my head, I look over when I see an Atlas Paladin I had ignored when I got lost in my thoughts and had ended up fighting Grimm. Turning to get ready to fight it, I see as it bursts into flame and melts rapidly. Looking to see the source of it, I see (y/n) there with his sword. " Hey. I've been looking for Blake for about an hour, and no luck. I'm freaking out," he admits, and then I nod in agreement.  " I need your help. Can you teleport to Yang? I need to take a chance on her being with Blake when this happens so the two of us can rescue both of our daughters."

I think for a little bit, and then I nod. I grab my sword and then try to slash open a portal, but it actually fails at first. " Damn it. The pregnancy has been messing with my ability to do this." The full effects of pregnancies on aura and Semblances have yet to be measured, and this has hardly been the time to find out. (y/n) puts a sympathetic hand on my shoulder, and I nod an concentrate and try again, and a portal finally opens. I grab his hand, and the two of us step through the portal.

My eyes narrow into anger when I see the scene in front of us. Adam stands over Blake and Yang, his sword raised to finish it. To my surprise, both of them are knocked out, and Yang is missing one of her arms. " Go. Now," (y/n) says as he steps closer to Adam, and I see his eyes start to flicker with power. Adam simply chuckles at him and begins to walk forward.

Nodding, I pick up Yang and sling her over my back carefully, and then I carry Blake in my arms as I run out. I don't have the energy to use another portal right away, so I have to go on foot. When I get far enough away, I turn to see (y/n), and I stay close just in case he needs my help. " Be safe darling," I whisper softly, and then I take Yang off my back and tend her wounds the best I can.

Glancing over, I see as (y/n)'s eyes burst into silver. I wince when I feel the energy shutting down my Maiden powers, and I watch as the Grimm around me die. To my surprise, Blake's eyes flutter open, and one of them flickers for a little bit, and it settles with her having one silver eye, and one amber eye. Before I have time to think of it too much, I see a burst of flames from where (y/n) is, and even from hear I can feel the heat.

Waiting for a little bit, I go to open a portal to the tribe so I can heal Yang and Blake there, when I see (y/n) walking over to me. " It's done. He's gone," he says, and then I nod as the portal slowly opens up. He picks up Blake carefully as I pick Yang up, and the two of us walk through the portal, carrying our daughters. It closes behind us, and then I immediately direct the bandits to take the two of them to the medical wing.

(y/n) and I then follow them before the two of us sit down next to our daughters. I reach across and take (y/n)'s hand in my own, as the two of us watch over our daughters. Neither of us know what to say for a little bit, and then I look up at him. I see him on the verge of tears, and I brush them from his eyes. " It's going to be okay (y/n). I promise the four of us are going to be okay. We're home now," I tell him simply, and he nods softly.

( let me know what you thought)