Part 42

-Your POV-

You sat on the couch with Raven, and she read from a book to both you, and Summer. Raven was further along in the pregnancy and the two of you had started talking to the baby, reading to her and trying to see if the two of you could feel her kick. Every so often, you looked up at Raven, and the two of you stopped to smile at each other, and then she would go back to reading from the book. She closed the book when she finished, and then she set it down and went to stroking your hair. This went on for awhile, and then you raised a finger. " Did you feel that," you ask her, and then she nods at you quickly.

" Summer, she kicked," says Raven getting really excited. The two of you tried to listen to see if she would kick again, and then the two of you broke into laughter and smiles whenever she did kick. Every time the two of you thought she was done kicking, there would be another, and the wonder of it was the same. Every so often, you idly remarked to yourself how incredible this all was. You and Raven, married and with a child on the way, a child the two of you had conceived and were going to raise together.

This went on for awhile, and your scroll rang. You looked down to see a text from Qrow, and then decided it was probably not that important, a drunk dial if even that. Putting your scroll down, you went back to cuddling with Raven, and then your scroll continued to go off. Each and every time, it was a text from Qrow, and then you and Raven looked at each other, and then the scroll when it kept ringing. " You should get that," she deadpans, and then you nod.

Picking up the scroll, you wonder to yourself if he's just going to be calling to get a ride home, and knowing hm, that was probably the case. However, when you picked up the scroll, he skipped all the small talk, and then went right into what he wanted to talk with you about. " Yangs been arrested," he says, and then your eyes widen. You ask him if he's serious, before you realize that Qrow would never joke about something like this. He gives you the rest of the details and then you promise hm you'll be right there, and then you turn to Raven.

" Yangs been arrested," you tell her, and then her eyes widen. " Yeah, there was some accident at the Vytal Festival, and then Ironwood took her into custody. Qrow is already down there with him trying to get everything cleared up. He wants me to come down and help him. But, I can't get there quickly without your help, and I think you need to talk to Yang." Raven freezes when you say this, and then she stands up and begins to pace the room nervously.

" I can teleport you there, but I'm not ready to see Yang. I know I saw her at the wedding, but that was different. I can't see her right now ( y/n). If she were to push me away, I couldn't," Raven says, and then you walk over and pull her into a big hug. You know how conflicted this has made her, and you hate seeing her like this.

" When I found out about Blake, I rushed down to Beacon right away. And she slammed the door right in my face. I thought to myself how bad I had screwed things up. But, you know who gave me a chance to be Blake's father? It was Yang, Raven. She's a lot like you. She wouldn't push you away. Yang will take the chance as long as you give it to her." Raven hesitates for a few moments, and then she nods and stands up.

" Hold my hand," she says, and then you nod, and reach out and grab her hand to give it a squeeze. Raven offers you a shaky smile, and then she slashes with her sword, and then a red portal appears in front of the two of you. She hesitates and then nods when she's ready and the two of you walk through the portal. The portal closes behind you, and the two of you find yourself in a dorm room from Beacon. Ruby dashes over to you, and then you hug her. Looking around the room, you see Yang sitting on her bed, crying a little bit, and then Blake looking at Yang, as if trying to figure something out. When the sound of the portal goes off, Blake looks over at you, and then walks over and hugs you.

"Dad," she says. " I wanted to tell you. I got my last name changed to 'Rose.' You look at her when she says this, and then break into a smile. You tell her that she didn't have to, and then Blake smiles. "I wanted to," she says, and then you gesture over to Raven, your point made. Raven nods at this, and then sits down on the bed with Yang.

" Let's give them some space," you say, and then Blake nods and gestures for Weiss and Ruby to follow her. They get up, and walk out of the room. You stand up to join them, and then Yang looks up at you, asking with her eyes for you to say, and then you nod and then go to sit down on the edge of the bed.

" I'm sorry," says Raven. "I don't even know where to start really. Because, I have so much to be sorry for. For leaving, and not having been there to be your mother. But, I'm here now, and I want to be here for you. If there's anything I can tell you, any question I can answer for you, or thing I can for you, I'll do this. Because I want to be your mother Yang."

" The only thing I want is for you to hug me," says Yang, and then Raven nods and pulls her into a big hug as Yang sobs. The two of them hold each other, and the you stand and smile at them before leaving the room, happy the woman you loved has another chance to be a mother.

( wrote this while on the plane, let me know what you thought)