Part 29

-Your Pov-

You stepped through the portal with Raven, and curiously wondered what you expected to see on the other side. If Qrow was too be believed, then on the other side of this portal would be nothing other than the worst types of people, common thugs and criminals brought together only out of need. And yet, Raven had told you they were opposing some kind of great evil. you wanted to believe her, and you did. You just needed to know that Qrow was wrong. A good first step to knowing that was that Raven could teleport to them. You knew she could only teleport to the people she cared about the most, and if she cared about this tribe enough to qualify for a portal, then it had to mean something. After all, the only other people you had ever seen her teleport to, were yourself, Yang, Tai and Qrow.

As the portal closed behind you, you took the time to look around. To your surprise, it was relatively present living conditions. Several people were passing around drinks, and just laughing together. Others were dividing up some stuff between each other, and others still were tending to the wounded members of the tribe, and others were helping to build shelters and huts. The people here seemed happy, like this was their life, and it wasn't out of desperation. This was a choice.

Raven smiles whens he sees your reaction to this, and then places a hand on your shoulder and squeezes. The two of you stand in silence as you wonder what you can say to her. You watch the tribe, and then you realize just how much she's built. " This is amazing," you tell her. " I didn't think...I didn't think the tribe was anything like this."

She frowns for a minute, knowing exactly what you thought the tribe would be like. " Well, we've worked hard for this," she says simply. " This is the only place some of these people have to go. People are here by choice, not a need. They could leave anytime I wanted."

" If that's true, then I want to visit Blake and Ruby," you tell her, and she nods. " I wanna be able to see my daughter and niece grow up. And, I want to be able to visit my sister's grave. I promised her I would be back more to talk with her more."

" Of course," says Raven hesitantly. " Are you going to be coming back to the tribe though? I don't want you to leave and not come back, especially since we just found each other. I just....I know I couldn't go back and see Yang and also come back to this tribe."

Seeing how sad Raven is, you pull her into a hug. Even though she may be your big spoon, you're taller than her, and rest your head on her chin. You rock her back and forth, and you feel her arms wrap around you. Eventually, she pushes away, a smile returning to her face. " I needed that," she admits. " Do you think Yang will be able to forgive me?"

" I don't know her as well as I would like," you admit. " I spent a lot of time staying away from her because she reminded me too much of the time you were with Tai. But, I know this. Yang reconnected me with Blake, and gave me a chance I never thought I would have. And so, I think in time Yang can come to do the same for you."

You watch as Raven swallows a lump in her throat, and then buries her head back in your chest. " When you're ready, you can tell me all about why you left," you tell her, and you feel her nod. " But for now, let's just focus on what's most important. You and I are here together again. We're going to figure this out."

" You always know what just to say," she says. When she lets go, she gets a smile on her face again, and then starts to show you around the bandit tribe. You meet some of the leaders in the tribe, as well as Vernal, her proxy Spring Maiden. Also, that's a bit of a surprise for you when Raven tells you she's the Spring Maiden, and then begins to explain everything about her tribe, Salem and the Maidens.

The two of you lay in the bed you have together, and you smile. Like so many times before, Raven is spooning you. Even though your Semblance lets you set yourself on fire, this somehow manages to be the warmest you have ever felt, the safest you have ever felt. You fit perfectly into her arms, like you were a puzzle piece that was never supposed to leave. You feel the steady beating of Raven's heartbeat, the miracle that is her life and proximity to her.

" When everything is figured out with Salem, I'm going to visit Yang," she promises. " Will you come with me?"

" Always," you tell her safely, and you continue to be held by her. Eventually, the two of you fall asleep, and wake up in her arms. You could stay here forever. However, she wakes up and then the two of you go to business as usual with the tribe.

" Hey. Do you wanna go visit Summer," you ask. " Tai is off the island for a little bit, and the girls are at Beacon. We can go there without anyone detecting us. And, I want my big sister to know this."

" Of course," says Raven, and then she opens a portal. " Of course I can teleport to her grave," she says. " I just....didn't know when to go. I didn't want to run into you or Tai. But, I wanna go see Summer with you know."

Standing in front of the grave of your sister, you feel Raven lock her finger with yours, and then the two of you begin to talk with Summer. To your surprise, you feel a familiar presence, and then turn around, to see....Summer?!

" Haven't you ever heard of wearing a condom?!"

( let me know what you thought. It's going to be explained next chapter how Summer is appearing to the two of them.)