01

Year 6

With a smile, the eldest child of the Everett family is looking around Platform 9 ¾ for her friends with her black cat and book clutched in her arms. The young witch felt bad for ignoring her father, but she is so excited to be going back to school. She hasn't seen her friends in three months, the only form of communication being through letters.

"Don't forget to write home every week. Are you even listening, Celeste?" Grayson Everett lets out a sigh as his daughter stops bouncing on her heels. She looks up at him with a sheepish smile. Next to her, her younger brother has a scared expression as he looks around at the many families who are now saying their goodbyes and students that are boarding the train.

"Sorry, dad, but James and Sirius will be here any moment- oh I see him! I'm sorry, but I have to go, I love yeh!" Celeste rushes out, quickly giving her dad a kiss on the cheek and waves.

She and her brother said their goodbyes to their mother before leaving to the platform with their father. Esme Everett stayed home with her youngest child, she had to take her to muggle school due to it being a weekday.

"Okay," Grayson mumbles for a moment, watching as his daughter runs over to the Potter family. "Brandyn, how are you feeling?"

"I think I'm going to throw up." The younger boy says, looking up at his father with a green face.

"A penny for you thoughts?"

"What if- what if I get sorted in..." Brandyn's voice gets so low that his father has to lean down to hear him. "Slytherin."

Grayson lets out a soft chuckle at his son, "then you get sorted into Slytherin, if you get sorted into Hufflepuff like your sister, then that's okay too. Whatever house you get sorted into will just help your success as a wizard."

"Potter!" Celeste yells, tackling the older boy into a hug. James lets out a huff of air as Celeste's small body collides with his, bringing them both to the ground. She smiles down at him with a mess of curly hair framing her face.

"It's good to see you too, Everett."

Celeste scrambles to get up when she realizes that she's sitting on top of James in front of his parents and blushes a deep red. James gets up from the ground and steps back to admire Celeste's outfit. She sported denim mom jeans that are cuffed to her ankles, a pink pastel turtleneck sweater which is far too big on her, and her favorite black converse. "I see you're bringing the turtlenecks back."

"It was just, yeh know- lying around." The younger girl shrugs and leans into him as he wraps his arm around her shoulder. He kisses the top of the younger girl's head and smiles big at his mum as she takes a photo of the two.

Celeste looks over and sees her father and brother bringing her trunk over, "Can't leave without this."

"Thank yeh." She mumbles as a blush makes its way onto her cheeks.

"I don't believe we've met," Fleamont says to her father, reaching his hand out to Grayson. "Fleamont Potter, this is my wife Euphemia."

"I believe not, Gray- Grayson Everett." He shakes Fleamont's hand and curtly nods at Euphemia who sends him a smile. "and this is my son, Brandyn."

"And Celeste's mum?"

Grayson looks over at his daughter for a moment who is now in a deep conversation with James, "Esme stayed home with our youngest, Alana, she's in muggle school until she's to go to Hogwarts next year."