04

It's a week into the new school year and the students of Hogwarts are slowly trying to get used to being back. It is now the weekend and the bulletin board in the common rooms are now filled with notices about the upcoming Hogsmeade trip on the first weekend of September and Quidditch tryouts in the next week.

Girls in the common room begin giggling excitedly, moving to sit around and chat about what they should do when they first get there.

"How gross." Celeste fake gags, walking out of the common room with Leanna by her side. The blonde readjusts her bag over her shoulder and shakes her head.

Leanna waves off the girl, the two making their way to breakfast, "don't be like that, they're just excited about the trip. I'm also sure those girls are third years."

"It's their giggles that are gross, imagine if I giggled like that." Celeste then fake giggles causing Leanna to scrunch up her nose in disgust.

"Ew, I never want to hear you giggle ever again." Celeste laughs and wraps her arm around her friend. "Oh merlin, you're touching me, I love this so much."

"Yeh ruined it." Celeste mumbles, taking her arm away from the brunette.

"No, love me." She extends the last word and wraps her arms around the blond, kissing her cheek.

The two girls pause as soon as they walk into the Great Hall, their eyes landing on something unusual. At the end of the Gryffindor table is James and Lily sat next to each other, the two laughing together as they enjoy their meal.

"Do you see the same thing that I do?" Celeste asks, the two girls watching the pair.

Leanna nods as they make their way to the Gryffindor table to eat with Sirius and Remus. "That's mad, I thought Evans hates him."

"Who hates who?" Remus asks as the girls sit next to them.

"Evans and Potter."

"That's strange, yeah? James never mentioned to me that he is on speaking terms with Evans." Sirius pipes in, watching as Lily steals a strawberry from James' plate and giggles.

Celeste lets out a soft huff and puts two french toasts onto her plate, she begins to pour herself coffee and takes three large gulps from her cup. The group joins Sirius on watching the two, amazed with what they're seeing.

Lily Evans has always sworn to hate James- she'd never be caught dead talking to the boy, yet alone befriend him like she had done. From their first year, James would come up with different ideas on how to get the redhead to fall in love with him, but none of his attempts worked. Lily thought of James as an irritating and insufferable toerag and every time he would flirtatiously talk to her or try to ask her on a date, the more she begun to loath him.

As time went on, she slowly begun to have a soft spot for the boy. She secretly liked when he called her lily pad or lily flower and how he'd offer to carry the millions of books she would have to bring to class, but she'd always decline because that would mean that his ego would grow bigger than it already is.

"Seems like he finally got the girl he's been pining for so long." Leanna says which makes Peter chuckle from next to her. The boy had just joined the group for the first time, he slept in a bit that morning, too tired on that Saturday.

Leanna jumps in her spot and turns to the boy, a blush making its way onto her face. Celeste looks at the girl skeptically for a moment and shares a quick look with Sirius, the group going back to watch James and Lily once again. 

"We should stop staring, that's kind of rude." Remus tells his friends and reaches for his tea. "I'm sure they could probably feel us burning holes into their faces."