22

A/N: trigger warning for this chapter!!!!

It's now the end of January and the winter snow is unstoppable. The students of Hogwarts are doing all they can to avoid the unbearable cold, trying the best that they could to stay away from the snow and bask in the warmth of the castle. The only times they considered going out into the cold is when they had to go to herbology or to one of the classes in the many towers around the grounds.

Everywhere you look, you will find many of the students with about four layers of clothes and scarves up to their noses.

"I miss the outside." Sirius groans, stretching his arms to the sky as he looks up from one of the many textbooks sprawled on the table in front of him. Fifth year students flooded the library, they already started studying for their O.W.L.s although their exams are at the end of the year.

"Don't be so dramatic, Black- we went outside yesterday." Celeste says to him, getting up from her seat to find a potions book.

Sirius shakes his head, brushing his hair out of his face, "that's not what I meant, Everett- I'm tired of the cold, I want to go outside and not see snow!" A student sitting at a table behind them quickly shushes him, still looking down at their homework. "Go away!" He snaps at them, slamming closed his textbooks as Celeste walks back with a large book in hand.

"What are yeh doing? I thought we were studying." She says to him, watching as he packs up his books with a scowl on his face.

"Packing up my shit," he mumbles to her, shoving as much of his books into his bag as he could. "I feel trapped, I need fresh air."

"O-Okay?" Celeste chases after him, trying to put her books into her bag as she runs down the hall. "Wait up!"

She lets out a huff of air as she runs into Sirius' back, the boy had stopped in the middle of the hall. "Ouch- oh hi, Regulus."

"Hi." He shortly greets her and turns to his brother, "can we talk for a moment?"

"Uh yeah-" Sirius turns to Celeste, "tell McGonagall I'll be late to class?"

"Sure, see you in class- bye Regulus." She waves to Regulus and walks away from the two brothers.

"Bye, Everett." She hears Regulus call after her.

Once in class, Celeste throws her bag onto her her desk and shortly greets her friends.

"Where were you?" Remus asks, but furrows his eyebrows when she walks to the front of the class to speak to their professor.

"Miss Everett?" The professor says as she writes the days lesson on the chalkboard.

"Hi, professor. Erm- Sirius asked me to tell yeh that he'd be a few minutes late to class- he needed to talk to his brother."

"Well, you tell Mr. Black that if he needs to talk to his brother, he should do it on his free time and not during my class."

"Yeah, okay." She nods and watches as McGonagall raises her eyebrow at the blonde.

"Is that all? I'd like to get started."

"Of course." Celeste quickly walks back to her desk and sits as McGonagall begins speaking.

After class Celeste and James decide to sit in the library and do their homework. Celeste finds herself staring at her textbook, too into her thoughts.

"Cel- are you even listening?" James breaks the girl out of her thoughts.

She frowns and looks up at him, "huh, sorry- no, I wasn't listening."