12

The next day, Celeste wakes with a bit of a start. She rubs her eyes and looks down at herself to see she is in the same outfit as the night before. She looks around and examines her area, she's in a dormitory that looks identical to hers but instead of yellow and black, the room is decorated in red and gold. She fell asleep talking to James the night before.

She rubs her eyes once again and kicks James awake as it is seven in the morning. Celeste sits up and sees that Sirius, Remus and Peter made their way back safely to their dormitory.

"Wake up, it's time for breakfast." She tells him as she shuffles through his trunk to find a jumper to throw on. "See yeh in a few."

Celeste exits the dormitory and before she can leave the common room she is stopped by someone calling her name.

She turns in her spot and sees Timett walking towards her with a smile on his face. "What are you doing in the Gryffindor tower so early in the morning?"

He suspiciously eyes the jumper which is far too big on her body to be hers. Timett looks her up and down, her slept in outfit from the day before and her boots in hand. To anybody, it would've looked like Celeste was leaving from a one night stand.

"I fell asleep in James' dormitory last night," Timett furrows his eyebrows at the girl so she explains further. "yesterday was actually Sirius' birthday and we had a party for him. All the Gryffindor's were invited."

"I wasn't, actually."

"Yeh weren't? I could have swore I saw yeh last night." The girl scrambles through her brain to last night but comes up blank.

Timett shakes his head, "er no, I was here studying all night."

"James was in charge-" Celeste pulls a face for a moment. "I see where I made a mistake. 'm sorry, I'll be sure to personally invite yeh to the next one."

She moves towards the portrait door, "I-I have to start getting ready for the day and feed my cat. See yeh in class, yeah?"

"Oh yeah- of course." Timett nods as he watches as the portrait door closes behind Celeste.

Celeste rushes to her common room and does her best to sneak into her dormitory to avoid her dorm mates. She quickly feeds Salem but jumps when she hears a voice from behind her.

"That's not your jumper, Everett."

She turns quickly in her spot and puts a hand to her heart, "blimey, yeh just about gave me a heart attack."

"That's what you get for not coming back last night." Leanna taps Celeste's nose, a playful smile on her face.

Celeste scrunches up her nose at the action and moves to the washroom to change her outfit. She rids herself of her clothes from the previous night and jumps into the shower for a quick rinse off. In less than ten minutes she washes her hair and her body which makes her feel better than she did that morning when she woke up. 

She throws on James' jumper and a pair of comfy shorts, not in the mood to get dressed up for the day. She throws her hair into a messy braid and brushes her teeth before exiting the washroom.

She gives Salem some head scratches before she packs her textbooks she'd need for the day into her bag. Celeste turns in her spot and jumps when Leanna is standing right behind her. "I need to get yeh a cat bell or something."

"Not necessary, it's fun to scare you." The two girls make their way to the Great Hall as soon as Celeste slips on her trainers. 

They slip onto the bench in front of the three Gryffindor girls who are in a conversation.