11

The next morning, Celeste leaves the hospital wing at seven

The next morning, Celeste leaves the hospital wing at seven. She had planned to get ready and afterward, she wanted to write to her mom and sister.

It has been a month since the death of Grayson Everett and Celeste greatly regrets that she forgotten to write her mother on her birthday. She had been preoccupied with the Halloween party.

As silent, as she can be, Celeste grabs her outfit for the day and sneaks into the washroom so she would not wake up her roommates. The girl pulls a black turtleneck sweater over her head and over top that, a sage pinafore dress. She slides on some trainers and begins to put on natural makeup.

Celeste isn't one to put on makeup, she didn't think girls had to put it on because she thought everyone looked beautiful no matter what, with or without it. She only put it on days like today, where she felt great in her outfit but felt there was a little something missing.

She had always preferred a more natural look. The most she would do is put on a tad bit of bronzer, blush, mascara and that day, she put on the tiniest bit of tinted lip gloss.

Grabbing her wand, she uses the Crinus Muto spell to make her hair straight rather than it have its natural curl and she is on her way to the common room to write her letter. She sits at one of the desks by the window of the common room and crosses her left leg over her right while placing her wand on the table next to her parchment paper.

3 november 1976

mum,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! i'm sorry that i forgot to send a letter on your birthday, i was preoccupied and it slipped my mind. i sent a birthday gift along with this and i hope it made it to you safely.

i have an update on taffy, he and his girlfriend broke up. as shameful as this sounds, i was oddly relieved to hear.

things just feel right when i'm around him, everything is comfortable. i watched your love with dad for a long time and wished i could have something like that. although we're not together, it feels like i have that.

please give alana my love, i love you both so much. i can't wait to see you both during the holiday.

Celeste

Celeste folds up the letter and slides it into an envelope, signing it to Esme and Alana Everett. By the time that she has finished writing the letter, it is already seven-thirty, and students are now making their way into the common room. It is a Sunday which means that the students had to finish homework by the next day since they would start classes Monday morning.

The girl makes her way to the Owlery. Celeste greets the owl and ties the letter to Zippy's leg.

Celeste thinks to herself for a second and loudly gasps, "Oh merlin, I totally forgot about Sirius' party!" She quickly runs down the stairs of the Owlery, being careful not to slip on one of the steps. She runs all the way to the Gryffindor Tower with her hair blowing behind her.