19

December 24th, Christmas Eve

December 24th, Christmas Eve. Euphemia allowed the children to stay awake well past midnight and none of them seemed to want to wake up before noon on Christmas day. The Potters had a party, Fleamont invited his work colleagues and whatever remaining family was left of the Potter family. The house was so busy which allowed Sirius to sneak a bottle of firewhiskey. The teens spent the whole night getting drunk outside in the cold while the adults did the same but in the warmth of the home.

At about ten minutes until eleven, Euphemia Potter walks into the granny flat to wake Celeste. Alana already awaken and decided it's best if she left her sister to sleep.

"It's time to wake up, little doe. I reckon Lily should be here soon, wash up and come in for breakfast- I just woken the boys." Euphemia says, opening the curtains to let the sunlight into the room. "And here's your coat, you left it on the dining table last night." She lays the coat on the chair next to the front door.

"Thank you, I'll be up in a moment." Celeste says as she throws off the blanket. She begins fixing the bed and pauses, turning when she realizes Euphemia is still in the room.

"Before I go, I know you and the boys got drunk last night." Euphemia turns and playfully winks, "I'll let it side for the one day."

Celeste's ears go pink as she watches Euphemia close the door behind her. She shuffles into the washroom to get ready for the day, first brushing her teeth and washing her face. She ties up half of her hair and moves to change out of her pajamas. Celeste quickly puts on an outfit and slides on tan platform shoes.

"Good morning Potters, Black, Lupin- Merry Christmas." Celeste greets everyone at the table as she walks into the home. She watches as Euphemia brings a pitcher of orange juice to the dinning table, James quickly takes it and pours it into his cup.

"Thanks mum!" James beams, a bright smile on his face despite the absence of his father at the table.

"Yer dad?" She whispers to James as she sits next to him. She talked quietly to him, not wanting Euphemia to hear her.

James sighs softly and shakes his head before he mutters, "called into work- another emergency I suppose."

She nods, but before she could say anything, Alana and Brandyn run into the dinning room excitedly. "She's awake, can we open presents now?"

"Patience- we are still waiting for Lily to show up, and not everyone has finished their breakfast." Euphemia tells an overly exited Alana who begins to pout.

Celeste is trapped in her own thoughts as she slowly eats the breakfast laid out in front of her. Her brain wanders off to her parents, this is her first holiday without them and her first holiday with the Potters and her friends. With every passing second she missed her parents more and more, it being less than three months since Grayson's passing and almost 2 weeks for Esme. Spending the holiday with her siblings reminds her of how much her siblings look and act like Grayson Everett.