08

It's now October and Halloween is right around the corner, all the students could talk about is the upcoming holiday. Just like muggles, the students liked to enjoy the sweet candies, at times they'd swap the sweets with their friends so they can get their favorite ones. The Hogwarts castle is fully decorated from top to bottom with Halloween decor, but this decor is scarier than the ones muggles use. The Great Hall is filled with cobwebs and plastic spiders that look oddly life-like. Hagrid, the gamekeeper, carved pumpkins and placed them around the school for students to see. Many students decorated their dormitories and common rooms to get into the holiday spirit.

James and Sirius asked many gargoyles and suits of armor to scare students when they passed by. Of course McGonagall didn't like that and stated that they'd stop, but they didn't listen.

With the holiday coming around, Slughorn is preparing for his annual Halloween party. He is writing cards for all of his students, imagining how excited his students would be when they get their invitations. The man had asked a few students to help him pass out the invitations. Throughout the month leading up to the thirty-first, several students, mainly Slytherin, would hand out the invitations to the Slug Club.

Celeste and Leanna walk together to their Transfiguration class that Thursday morning with their friends. The girl furrows her eyebrows, noticing that James and Lily were giving each other the cold shoulder.

"What's wrong with yeh and Lily?" She whispers to James, watching as Leanna and Lily talk happily to each other.

"Been fighting." He mumbles, rolling his eyes before he explains as briefly as he could. "That day you pulled me into the broom closet, those kids told Lily we were snogging or whatever. I know we weren't but she doesn't believe me."

"Should I talk to her?"

"No, best if I don't anger her anymore. She'll come around- hopefully."

Celeste hears her name being called and she turns to see Timett waving at her as he jogs towards her. The girl smiles at him, the two outside of the classroom.

"Hey, are you going to Slughorn's Halloween party at the end of the month?" He asks and smiles at the girl. James scoffs and rolls his eyes, looking over at Sirius who is glaring at the older boy, feeling protective over Celeste. 

For some odd reason, Timett rubbed James the wrong way. He always had a weird feeling when he watched the two talking, he felt as if something would go wrong in the future.

Her friends walk ahead to their class, letting her know that they'd see her inside the room.

Celeste shrugs at Timett, unsure if she's even going to go. " 'm not sure- I have yet to receive an invitation. I didn't go to his dinner so I assume I'm not invited."

"Let me know then, yeah? Maybe we can go together if you're up for it- make up for that butterbeer we didn't get to have."

Celeste nods, her arms coming together behind her back. "Erm yeah," she pauses a moment, clearing her throat, "- that sounds fine. We should probably get into class, yeah?"

Timett copies her action and nods, a smile spreading onto his lips. Before they can walk into the class, he leans forward and places a soft kiss onto her cheek. The blonde turns and walks towards Lily who is raising her eyebrow at her friend suspiciously.

"Don't even think about it." Celeste mutters as she sits behind Lily who is sharing a desk with Leanna

"I didn't even say anything."

"Yes but you were about to say something."

Lily lets out a scoff, "I find that highly unlikely."