14

Celeste's friends felt empty without her sarcasm or not receiving a roll of the eyes from her when they said something she found dumb. James, Sirius, and Remus knew how upset Celeste would be if she wasn't caught up with her work, even though she's in a coma. For the next few days, the boys would collect her homework and take turns on completing the assignments. Their teachers accepted the work they did, knowing how stressful it would be for the girl to do all the work, not knowing how long it would take for her to wake.

James and Sirius let out a long huff of air as they carry a stack of school books to the library. Remus let the two know that he'll catch up with them after he goes to visit Celeste after his first period. That morning, James and Sirius skipped out on breakfast and visited the girl in the hospital wing so they could eat lunch and after go straight to the library to get her homework done during their free period. Remus forced Peter to come along with him, the mousy boy hasn't gone to visit the girl in the small amount of time she's been put into the hospital wing.

"You've known her for almost six years, she's your friend whether you like it or not- stop complaining," Remus says to Peter, rolling his eyes as he drags the boy down the halls.

Peter lets out a long groan, "she's not my friend, we don't talk as much as you lot do."

"And who's fault is that?"

"Not mine?" Peter questions, walking side by side with Remus down the corridor. For it only being the afternoon, the halls are more packed than the two boys anticipated.

Remus scoffs, side eyeing his friend, "it's one hundred percent your fault, for a matter of fact. You don't give her the time of day- she's a great girl, she's hilarious and witty and the kindest person you'll ever meet. She cares for you, but you wouldn't know that because you're an ass."

Peter is stunned by his friend's words causing him to stop in his tracks. Remus turns to Peter and raises his eyebrow at the boy.

"I'm an ass?"

"We just went over this- yes, but she brushes it off because of whatever you have going on with Leanna. That girl is too kind for her own good." Remus motions for his smaller friend to follow, continuing his walk to the hospital wing.

"Now I feel bad- what a load of crap," Peter mumbles under his breath causing Remus to roll his eyes. "and I don't have anything going on with Leanna."

"Good, you deserve to feel bad." Remus tells him, opening the door to the hospital wing. "Afternoon Madam Pomfrey," He says to the matron as she cares for a student who lays in a hospital bed.

"Good afternoon boys, your turn to look over Miss. Everett?"

Remus nods although she couldn't see him, "of course, needed to check on her between classes- make sure she doesn't wake when we aren't round."

"That's nice, dear. Well she seems to be getting the slightest bit of color, but it doesn't seem like she'll wake anytime soon." She informs the boy, letting him know he could get back to class.

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey. Send for us if she does wake up?" He brushes a strand of hair off of Celeste's face and places a kiss to her forehead.

"Of course- and let Potter know that I know he sleeps in here at night. He's not as slick as he thinks he is!" The matron calls after Remus as he and Peter exit the hospital wing which receives a slight chuckle from him.

|||

"I got finished homework," Remus announces, joining Sirius and James in the library after lunch. He drops a stack of parchment paper on the table in front of him before he takes a seat next to James. The two boys stare at the stack of papers in bewilderment.

"No way- how?" James asks, grabbing the papers and examines them.

"I had some favors from people that needed fulfilling."

Sirius raises his eyebrow at the boy as he shrugs as if it were nothing. "Favors for what?"

"That's a secret." Remus cheekily winks at his long-haired friend, causing Sirius' cheeks to go red.

The boy jumps up from his seat quite flustered with the interaction from his best friend. "I-I um-" Sirius clears his throat, not able to get his words out properly, "I have- I- I gotta go, I'll see you later."

Before his friends could answer, Sirius runs out of the library. Once he's standing in the corridor, the boy lets out a relieved sigh.

He quickly walks- runs to the hospital wing to talk to Celeste although she's unresponsive at the moment. Sirius liked to think she could hear everything he had to say.

Usually, Sirius would ask Celeste for advice when he didn't think he had anybody else to talk to. Sometimes she wouldn't say anything, Celeste would just let the boy rant until he didn't have anything else to say. The two had lots of good conversations, Sirius cried on her shoulder more times than he could count.

He needed someone to listen to him, even if that person isn't awake.

Sirius sits next to the unconscious girl and looks around to make sure nobody is there to hear him. The boy nervously licks his lips and looks down at his hands, thinking of what he's going to say.

"So I- um," Sirius scratches the back of his neck, nervous to talk about how he's feeling. "I've had some complicated feelings lately- yeah complicated is one way to put it."

"I'm discovering that I may have some potential feelings for Remus. I may not, but it's new. I'm uh- I'm nervous about what people may say if they figure out who I like. I seem to be this really confident person- I mean, I am- but sometimes I feel as if I'm going to break."

He takes a deep breath before allowing himself to continue.

"I like who I like, y'know like who really cares. I know you can hear me in there and I could already hear you saying 'write in that journal of yours'- this isn't a journal matter though." Sirius lets out what sounds like a mixture of a chuckle and a sigh, and then frowns to himself, "I don't think I like him, but I don't find it appalling when Remus playfully flirts. He's my friend- my brother even, right?"

"I just wish you were here, I miss talking to you," Sirius reaches forward and takes her small hand in his. He cringes at how cold her hand is, "all of us are feeling different, we don't like to talk anymore. I can hear James crying sometimes when he sleeps- it hurts, we need you."

With that, he gets up from his spot as he hears the bell. He heads over to Defense Against the Dark Arts and slides into his desk.

James, Remus, and Peter walk into class and stop in their tracks when they see their friend already there. The bespectacled boy quietly slides next to Sirius.

"Hey, buddy- where did you go?"

"I needed to talk to someone, nothing to worry about." Sirius shrugs, resting his head against his fist.

Their professor enters the room which quiets down the students.

As the professor speaks, James can't help but look over at his friend. He knew Sirius is hurting, but he knows it's something more than Celeste. James knows his best mate like the back of his hand, this time is different though, he couldn't read Sirius at all.

"You can always talk to me, y'know. Whatever it is, I'll be there for you." James whispers to the boy, leaning over the slightest bit.

James furrows his eyebrows but doesn't push his friend any further. He takes Sirius' hand in his for a moment and squeezes in an affectionate way, giving his friend a soft smile when he looks over. James pats Sirius' back and goes back to taking his notes.

A/N: sorry for the short updates, I promise I'll try to write some more, but this is more so just me revising my previous work and adding to it , hope you're all enjoying :)