20

A smile spreads on Celeste's face as she follows James, Sirius and Remus down a trail, Alana and Brandyn right behind her, the children fancied a swim on the day.

"It's quite cold for a swim, yeah?" Celeste calls out to James who is about ten or so feet ahead of her, leading the group through trees. She hears a scoff from James and rolls her eyes, awaiting his answer.

"It's never too cold for a swim, Everett." He calls out to her, shaking out his hair.

"Yeah, only if yeh want to get hypothermia." She mutters under her breath to herself, Remus lets out a snort as he had heard her.

"How much longer?" Alana calls out, being dragged along by Celeste, her legs already tired from the short walk. "I can't walk any longer." She says more to herself than the others.

"Not much longer, shorty, a little less than a mile or so!" James tells her, earning a long groan from the younger girl.

As the group makes it to the stream, they all freeze in their spots as they see Grayson Everett. Celeste was a bit confused, he is standing on top of the water like he were standing on solid ground. The older man seemed to have a worried expression on his face, the most concerning part is there is another man who seemed to be a few years younger than Fleamont Potter, holding her father with a wand to his throat.

Celeste turns to her friends, but they are gone, leaving only her and the two men standing on the water. "Dad?" She calls out, not liking the scene in front of her.

"I'm fine, love! Yeh need to get out of here, and find yer brother and sister!" He yells out to her, struggling to get out of the mans grasp.

"No, no! I need to help yeh!" She is about to move forward, but the man tightens his grip around her father and pushes his wand further into his neck.

"Yeh haven't got a wand!" He exclaims, watching different emotions flash through his daughters eyes, mostly worry mixed with anger.

She lets out a huff of frustration, "then I'll die trying!"

"No!" He yells, watching his daughter run towards him.

Once her feet hit the water, they get soaked. Celeste freezes in her spot, having expected to be able to walk on top of the water like her father and the man currently are. Shaking her head, she throws herself in the water, but before she could reach them, she hears a loud yell of "avada kedavra".

The man apparates away, leaving Grayson's dead body on top of the water. "Dad, no, no, no dad!" She rushes towards him, her body numb, whether it were from the ice cold water or from watching her father die, she didn't know.

She takes him in her arms, and stares into his lifeless hazel eyes which are the same shade as her siblings. "Wake up, please wake up! I can't do this alone!" She cries hard, but when she looks up, the man who used the spell on him reappeared, also holding the wand out at her. He yells the spell again, now at her, leaving the girl's lifeless body to fall deep into the water.

The blonde wakes with a start, shivering despite the sweat that has collected on her forehead and neck. She looks over and frowns seeing James laying next to her in the pile of blankets, the two must have fallen asleep while talking the night before. His glasses are slightly askew, the corners of his mouth curled up, him having a better dream than she had.

Celeste looks out to the sky and she sees it turning blue, showing the sun is now rising. She assumed it to be almost eight in the morning. "James, wake up." She shakes the boy slightly, still very sweaty from the her nightmare.