Chapter 6: Alpha Eric

Who, me? With him? He's my mate, what the hell? No. He can't be. But I feel the tingles. Even without my wolf, I still feel them. I did turn sixteen sometime during the time in the prison, and I didn't see him after he turned eighteen. Why?! The Moon Goddess can't be this cruel!

He's the reason I felt all this pain. He's the reason for everything.

"Mate? What's your name, what's wrong with you? Why do you look like this? Did someone hurt you?" he growls, scanning me. "Mine! No one hurts what's mine!"

"Eric, dude, chill," Beta Damon calms him, before studying me sadly. "You don't remember her. That's Rose, the one YOU have been torturing the past two months. I told you not to! Look at her condition, how malnourished she is! She has a collar, for fuck's sake! You knew giving her to Griz would have consequences and now look what you've done! She looks like she's dyin-"

"NO! My mate will not die!" Eric's eyes turn black, as his fangs and claws come out as he pulls me closer. So... Lucifer is actually Griz. Lucifer is a much better name for that hell's spawn. Oh, look he's here.

Alpha pins Lucifer to the wall as soon as he enters the dining room and I notice that the whole pack is watching this fiasco. "Give me the key and remote to the collar - NOW! You will be punished for touching your Luna! What have you done to her? Tell me everything - now. Did you touch her?"

Now, it's Lucifer who struggles to breathe as he hands over both the key and remote to Beta Damon who quickly lets me out and I back away from him slowly before sliding down to the floor. The Alpha squished my ribs more - it hurts. I touch the area gently and as I take my fingers away, my hands have splashes of red on them - blood.

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.

Lucifer is on his knees and all he says is enough to anger the Alpha, "She's been whipped, stabbed, tortured, had salt in her wounds, only given one meal every two weeks, been fed poison, and - ," he pauses suddenly. 

"What. Did. You. DO?" 

"She can't speak any longer. She's been forced to remember these three rules: Don't speak, don't look at anyone, don't be in the presence of Alphas or Betas."

"WHAT?!" he roars, shaking the house. Pack members immediately look down and move out of the way as he punches the wall, leaving a hole where there was once solid brick and stone.

Damon walks over to him and slowly calms him down. I'm too far gone.

Everything starts to go black again. I hate black! Did no one hear that my favorite color is blue, why black?! 

"MATE?! Stay awake! I can't lose you, Rose. Not once I just got you. Wake up!"