Chapter 23: Cole's Decision

Is he going to give us a try? I really wish he would. Just imagine all the cute ship names for Rose and Cole. So many better ones than Rose and Eric. 

But most of all, he's amazing. I need him to decide for the better. For the future of us. Looking at him, my blue eyes twinkle, hoping. 

I've been broken down and my heart is completely broken. I'm not the person who I was. I'm not the nice, naive girl I used to be. I've been through shit and my scars show it. I'm proud of every single mark on my body, because this is me. 

My heart has been screwed over too many times, and I'm not trying to cry in my sorrows. I realise that other people have it worse. What I am saying is, I find it hard to trust, and I am undeniably closed off. 

With Cole? It's different. He waited for me. For so long. 21 is unheard of in werewolf standards. I'm surprised he didn't move on with some other werewolf female who would gladly give up her mate for him. He's undeniable hot and extremely powerful. 

I want to trust him. I want to open up to him. I want a future with him. I'm not saying he won't hurt me, because I don't know him that well yet. He could be like every other Alpha and just end up being completely bigoted. But I want him. 

Staring at him, I wait for his answer. Rushing over to me, he suddenly wraps his hands around my waist, lifting me up to touch my forehead against his. 

"You're my mate. I want you. I want us to happen. This, you and me? This is real. I don't care who you are or about your past, it just makes you that much stronger. I want to promise you that I won't hurt you, but I can't. I don't ever want to lie to you. I'm not perfect. There's a reason I'm the strongest Alpha in North America. I'm as human as anyone else. I make mistakes. I don't want to hurt you, but if I ever do, please believe me that I will be on my hands and knees, begging for your forgiveness!" Looking imploringly into my eyes, he continues, "Rose, you are the most beautiful female to me. I think you are amazingly strong. I want to take this at your pace. Baby girl, I just want you. And only you. Please accept me too?" 

I finally meet his eyes, his eyes filled with emotions. Staring into his beautiful eyes, I can't help the tears that brim at my eyes as I smile at him, nodding gently. 

Alpha Cole's POV

She's beyond perfect. I want to kill the fucker who did this to my mate. But she's mine now. Never his. I'm not letting him ever hurt her again. Or anyone for that matter. 

She doesn't realise how gorgeous she is, which makes all the difference to me. I want to wrap my arms around her and treat her like a queen. My queen. She's already stolen my heart and she doesn't even know it. 

"Can I kiss you?" I'm an Alpha. I don't ask permission. But she's different. Her baby blue eyes widen, and I can't help the grin and the happiness I feel when she nods shyly. 

Kiss mate. 

What does it look like I'm about to do? 

You're so slow. Just kiss her. 

Shut up Brayden. 

Rolling my eyes internally at my wolf, I look at my mate's curious eyes. Giving her a gentle kiss, I break away to see her reaction. Smiling at the ecstatic look on her face, I cup my hand around her face, kissing her softly, showing her all my love. 

"That was our first kiss, love, and it won't be our last," I lower her down to the floor, making sure she slides her way across my body. 

Don't judge me?! I'm a male wolf! I have my hormones, and you can't sue me for feeling my mate's body. And boy, is it delectable. 

"Baby, go hang out with Drew alright? He's my Beta. Essentially, he's your protector. While I want to get to know you and spend time with you, I understand he's your best friend. While I don't like other males around you, and neither does my wolf, I know you need to talk to a familiar face. Why don't you go talk to him, and I'll finish up work? Then I'm yours for the rest of the night. If you want all of that, that is?" 

As she nods vigorously, I chuckle at how adorable she is. My baby girl. Mind linking Drew, I wrap my arms around her for a tight hug. 

"I'll miss you very much sweetie. Have fun." 

Rose's POV

I can't believe this guy. How can he be this sweet? Is he from heaven? Or is he made of sugar? Can I have a piece of that ass? Wait, no. Calm. I am zen. I am chill. I am relaxed. 

Hearing his sweet words, I pull him down for a hard kiss, surprising him as he falls into me. Just as Drew walks in. Shit. 

"Enough making out, I want to get my best friend back!" Drew grabs my hand, tugging gently. We both pull a face at him, before I wave at Cole, sighing. Cole. We're giving this a try. We can do this. 

Also. Holy shit. I just had my first kiss with Cole! We kissed three times! Each time was perfect too. All I want to do is go back there and listen to his sensual voice all day. The kiss was amazing. I've never seen stars like those before, it was like the entire galaxy was at my fingertips. Nothing in that moment mattered other than that kiss. That connection. 

Drew's taking me somewhere but I'm so out of it, I'm literally just blindly following. I need to focus on the things going on though. Shaking myself out of it, I remember the Night Wolf. Plus, Eric. He has to be searching for me. I doubt he'd give up that easily. Plus, six months to choose a mate. I have to get to know Cole well enough before that too. 

So much to do, so much to do. 

I'm suddenly shaken out of my thoughts as I bump into someone. 

"Watch where you're going! Don't disrespect me with your presence!" 

Who in the heck?! I'm not a happy person when I'm without food so they decided to start a problem with the wrong person today. 

Looking up, I mentally roll up my sleeves. Well, this is going down. 

A/N: Cliffhanger (: Who dat person? Well, I've got plans. Good ones too. Mwah hahaha :D 

Have a great day guys! Thanks for reading, commenting, voting and everything! Means a lot to me! We actually have 80K reads! Never thought this day would come! Thank you all!!