Chapter 22: Night Wolf

A/N: First of all guys, I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in a long time. There's been a lot of things going on, and I've been pretty sick the last couple months but that's no excuse but I really am sorry for the long wait! Since I'm literally not physically able to write some days, I'll be writing once a week for now, and you will get a update every Sunday from now on at 12am EST. Cross my heart, lol! Thank you to the people who have chosen to keep reading this, even though I'm a very dumb human being who didn't update until now! Now, on with the story! 

Looking around, I turn my head frantically, panicking. Crouching on the floor, I grab my head, trying to still my ever-beating heart as I breakdown. 

Where the hell am I? Oh no, what if I'm dead again? Oh wait, that's better than life on Earth right now but still! Holy shit, I just met Drew again! I don't want to die just yet! I haven't got revenge on Alpha Eric either! I've never had sex, oh my gosh, I'm going to die a virgin! I'll never get to see Alpha Cole naked! Woah! Wait, that would be assuming I want to see him naked, which I don't, but I'm not saying I would mind either. Wait, no. Just no. Don't go there, oh my gosh, will my brain just stop living in the gutter!

As I breakdown internally, I feel a light nudge on my shoulder as I turn around and face the person. My thoughts immediately grind down to a halt as I stare at the figure in front of me. I can't help it. While I had been expecting someone like even my dead mom or the Moon Goddess, I did not expect to see this. 

A wolf? I realise I'm circling around the wolf at high speed as I look at it's beautiful fur. It's not a normal wolf. It's fur is unique, and unheard of. It's a midnight blue shade, that is so close to black, but so vibrant. It's as if the sky itself has wrapped itself around this wolf. 

"I'm a Night Wolf, child. I'm the only one of my kind. I've been waiting for a human as worthy as you, all my life. You have been through so much, yet you are strong. From the moment you were born, you did not have a wolf. That is because I was meant for you. When I bond to you, we will become the strongest werewolf in existence hence why you were meant to have two mates. You would have the ability to choose which mate would better suit you. Not only at the human level but also suit me, as a strong wolf. At this point, you have met both of your mates. You will have six months to choose a mate, and then you will be able to shift after you choose a mate. Do not panic, do not run away. Give your second mate a chance to prove himself to you." I lift my hand, wanting to ask a question, even though I'm not in school. This Night Wolf reminds me of every single one of my teachers combined together. "No questions for now. That is all. Open your eyes." 

Gritting my teeth, I feel a shift in the environment as I am quickly forced to open my eyes. Getting up slowly, I look around. I'm in the office again. Why the heck does this always happen to me? Suddenly, Drew shows up out of nowhere, followed by my second mate. Alpha Cole, was it? The same two guys from before follow closely behind them. Taking a step back, my insides quiver as I realise how terrifying they look. 

Unwillingly, my eyes meet Cole's. He's easily 6'4", and his beautiful coal-like eyes stare back at me and I want to strip him down to his soul so I can see what he's hiding. His black hair is tousled, as if he just got out of bed and he's built. Like REALLY built. Like I could use him as a washboard. Like damn, someone get me a fan. 

As laughter fills the office, I look back into his eyes, as I realise I had been checking him out this whole time! How dumb can I be! I just checked him out! In front of three other people! Can someone build me a hole like right now? I really want to just disappear. 

As the three guys continue laughing at Cole's expense, I smile at the blush that overcomes his face as he tried to hold up his harsh, cold demeanour. I can't help but swoon at how amazing he seems. 

What is this treachery?! No, no, no. I can't trust guys! All they do is hurt me. No fricking way can I trust him?! But I want to. I want to give him a chance. Staring at the side of his face hard, I gently walk over to him, and tug at the bottom of his shirt lightly, as I look up. 

I'm like a mushroom in comparison to him. It's okay though. I'll just wear heels 24/7 so I can get somewhere even close to his shoulder. As he looks down at me, an emotion passes through his eyes quickly. He gives me a small smile, and my heart skips a beat. 

That. Was. The. Most. Beautiful. Thing. Ever. 

Could he smile at me like that forever? I'll pay the world a million bucks, do the chicken dance in front of a million people, or even find a leprechaun and make it marry a unicorn!

"Out." That's all he says, but he has respect. He's not Alpha of the biggest pooping pack in North America for nothing. As Drew gives me a sly smile, all the men rush out of the room, leaving me and him. 

Quickly detaching myself away from him, I sit down on the couch bowing my head in respect. A small whimper fills the room, as I feel someone raise my chin softly.

"Mate? Why do you hate me? I've waited for you for so long. I was just giving up hope. I'm 21. I thought I would never have someone like you. I want to treat you like you deserve. Like a queen. I want to give you more love than you can ever imagine. Please don't believe the stories, please just give me - us - a chance. I want to prove to you that I'm worth it!" Gently looking down, a tear seems to drop from his eye, as he gently rests his head on my lap, hugging my waist. 

Gently wiping away his tear, guilt fills me as I feel his pain. I want to give him a chance. He hasn't done anything to me. I'm the one who has hurt him so far. Before I give him a chance though, he has to know everything. 

Standing up, I wrap my arms around his waist, hugging him and giving him a small kiss on the cheek. As he gets up, he looks down at me, confused and distraught. Grabbing his hand, I slowly make my way to his desk. As we sit next to each other, I pull out the paper and start writing quickly, before handing him the sheet. 

Nibbling on my lip, I survey his face carefully, trying to find a reaction as he reads. 

Mate. Cole. First of all, can I say you are so fudging amazing and hot? Sorry, anyway! My name is Rose. Rose Ivy Lawrence. Things have been shit recently, and I want to tell you everything but I physically can't. Before we try anything, which believe me, I really want to do, you have to know everything. Every single fricking thing. Then it's up to you. First of all, I'm mute. It's psychological but after being tortured for two months and being hurt over and over by my ex-mate, who is a jerk, I've just been unable to fricking get words out of my mouth. It's like something is choking me from saying anything. I don't have a wolf for now. I'm basically an Omega. I don't know if you still want me after this. This is the fun, cliff notes, rushed version, but yeah. Do you still want to give it a try? 

His gorgeous eyes widen as he finishes, dropping the paper to the side as he gapes at me with emotions running wild. 

What's his decision going to be?