Chapter 30: Luna Night Wolf

*Trigger warning in the chapter ahead* 

I'm really, really scared. Not only of Eric, but of Cole too. He caught me off guard with how violent and protective he was. I wish he would just listen to what I'm saying. 

Running away from the hospital room, I can't seem to breathe. It feels like I'm dying and I just want to curl up in a corner somewhere. Am I having a heart attack? Seeing an empty corridor, I quickly make my way in, trying to breathe. Gasping, I clutch at my chest as I crouch down. I seem to be unable to do anything and I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. I wish I could die, I don't know how to stop this, and I just want to be free, I don't want to live, - 

"Rose, focus!! I'm here, I'm right here. Use your senses, ground yourself." Looking up, staring into calming eyes, I finally feel the world stop and everything seems like it'll be okay. 

"Drew. Thank you." He's seen my anxiety attacks before when we were younger, he knows that I just need a reminder on what to do and that I'll be okay. I'm grateful I have Drew as a best friend. Giving me a hug, he seems to understand that I just want to be left alone but I need the comfort of a hug as well. Breaking the silence, I suddenly smile. "So, you and Damon huh?"

Flustered, he tries to look away. "Nothing is going on between us." 

"Liar!" I chuckle at the blush that coats the Beta's face.

"Fine, we're mates. He's one of the people who hurt you though! I refuse to be with him, especially after Cole told us your story." 

Grinning, I whisper, "Well, he never hurt me, in fact he helped me so you technically can't refuse to be with him." 

There's a vivid shock on his face as he seems to process what I told him before a huge smile breaks out across his face. "He can be my mate. I can accept him as my mate. I have to go see him!" Jumping up, Drew runs to Damon's hospital room reminding me of the little boy he once was. Even if he's a strong Beta now, he was once a sweet child. He's definitely going to bottom, since his mate is Damon. I think Damon has some Alpha genes in him. 

Smiling, I slowly push myself up, debating what to do. I just want to be in his arms, and tell him how I'm feeling. I'm pissed at Cole, that's for sure, but I can't bear to see him or anyone else in the pack hurt. No matter what he says, I'd rather we finish this problem off with peace rather than violence. As a Luna, that's my duty as well, to think of the safest way to resolve a problem. I know what to do.

Walking to Cole's office, I grab the phone, dialing the werewolf officials, in charge of maintaining pack law within our society and the most respected of all werewolves. Unfortunately, asking for their help always comes with a cost, one that I will bear for the safety of my mate and our pack. 

"I am Luna Rose of the Raven pack and I want to report that Alpha Eric of the Timber pack has gone rogue in the Raven pack's territory. He is out for blood, dangerous, and has done many illegal acts including trying to separate mated wolves, handing out unjust punishment, and hurting his own Beta and pack members." Stopping, I listen across the pack line, hoping that someone will be able to help. 

"This is counsellor Trent. We have heard your complaint, and will arrive at the Raven pack within the hour. Alpha Eric will be put on trial, and if found guilty, he will be killed for his crimes. There will be a cost for our help, and that will be that you must live at the werewolf officials headquarters for a month. Do you accept?" Immediately, I agree. "Good, we will see you in an hour, Luna Night Wolf."

Gaping at the phone as the counsellor hangs up, I can't help the shock that runs through my body. How did he know that I was the Night Wolf? 

Alpha Cole's POV

After talking to the doctor I walk to Damon's hospital room, simultaneously calling for all of my warriors and Beta so that we can think of a plan to capture this nuisance of an Alpha. The sooner we get him, the sooner I can beg from forgiveness from Rose. I shouldn't have lost my temper, and I definitely should have listened to her. What's so frustrating is that she doubts my ability to protect her, which is also somewhat disheartening. Sighing, I lean against the hospital door, waiting.

Suddenly, I hear a loud crash from inside the hospital room, and rush in. Looking around the room, there's no sign of Eric at all. I pull aside the hospital curtain to check on Damon before shutting it again quickly. I definitely did not have to see Damon and my beta going at it. I wish I could go back in time and unsee that. 

Walking outside, I frown as Rose walks into the hospital, completely ignoring me as she grabs some blankets and walks back out again. Grabbing her arm, I stop her from leaving and instead look at her, waiting for her to meet my gaze. As she meets my eyes, I can't help the surprise that fills me at how different her eyes look. They look darker, stronger, and they're filled with something I can't put my finger on. Before I can say a word, she wrenches her arm out from my grip, and runs out of the room. 

How am I going to ever get her to forgive me? 

Eric's POV

I want to tear apart that bastard. Standing outside his office window, I can smell how recently him and Rose had been on the couch together. As the door opens, I grin as my sweet mate steps into the room with some blankets. Everyone thinks I've gone crazy, but I haven't. Becoming a rogue just seems to be the best way to get my mate back. 

Opening the window slowly, I jump into the room and quietly walk up behind my mate. She's mine, and she looks beautiful. 

I'm taking her somewhere that the Raven pack Alpha will never find her. If anybody gets in my way, I will kill her and then kill myself so that we'll be together forever, even after death.