Chapter 7: The Hospital. Again.

I could hear shouting. People seemed angry. I didn't want to open my eyes. Right now, I was at peace. It was relaxing. I just wanted to stay like this forever.

"Rose, open your eyes," someone commanded. The tone made me wake up and jolt backwards. I didn't dare look at whoever had spoken.

I could hear someone whimpering before they touched my cheek. I couldn't stop myself from moving away and pulling myself into a ball more. Whoever was touching me seemed to have an air of power that stuck to every pore of their body and words.

But, I couldn't feel anything, I didn't feel any urge to submit. That's when I realized. All of my werewolf senses were gone. I was basically human. I was completely weak. They could do whatever they wanted to me, and I would be completely helpless. This realization made silent tears pour out of my eyes, drip by drip.

People gasped and that voice began to growl and sounded heartbreaking. "She's afraid of me, she hates me. Why wouldn't she, this is my fault. I'm such an idiot. I brought my mate pain. Mate, please just look at me. Please, I'm begging you, let me look at your eyes once."

No, this was a ploy. He would punish me. He would, I wasn't supposed to be here. My eyes closed as I started to panic.

"Everyone leave now. She's not ready!" Gentle fingers touched me. This woman was not powerful. I could tell. I opened my eyes and gazed at her, the doctor I presume. She smiled at me gently.

"My name is Doctor Anders. I'm here to help you get better, okay? Are you in any pain?" I nod my head, and she pauses before continuing. "Do you want to hear what's wrong?" Yes, nod. "You're severely underweight, and we'll work together to get you healthy again, okay? There were multiple wounds that I cleaned, stitched and bandaged. It will get better. Your speaking is psychological and you'll begin to speak again when you feel comfortable. The only bad news is, is that you. You may possibly never get your wolf, but that is still unknown. We will have to wait until you regain your health. You will be leaving the hospital today. But, you have to have someone take care of you 24/7 for the next two weeks at least. Someone has offered."

I'm so confused. Who would ever offer to help me? She seems to notice my thoughts and she looks at me softly and carefully before gently whispering -

"Alpha Eric."