Chapter 19: Drew

Was this Drew?

"Rose!" He exclaims as he pulls me into a hug. It was Drew. He had left the pack years ago, but he had been my only friend. He had been the only one I loved in the entire pack, my best friend. I don't know what happened to him. No matter how much I asked and begged, no one would tell me. I never knew where he went, he had disappeared in the night with his family.

I take a step and give a light slap on his arm and look at him. I quickly grab a piece of paper and a pen from my backpack and scrawl something on the paper before passing it to him.

He looks confused, and he looks at the wolves and seems to understand a bit. "They're with me, you can talk in front of them, but okay, I'll read it, my little weird flower."

It hits me, he doesn't know that I can't speak now so it won't make sense to him. I'm so stupid, that should have been the first thing I asked, not where he was all this time, and how he could leave me.

He gives me a boyish grin, "Rose, I love you, I missed you so much. I had to leave, my dad became the Beta of this pack, the Raven pack. The Raven pack is the best pack in North America! Of course, he had to take the job! That's why we left. I'm sorry I never told you. Now, let's have a proper hug and tell me how life has been since I last saw you four years ago. First, let's start walking to the pack house. I'll protect you no matter what as the new Beta but you have to meet the Alpha first. Let me warn you, he's a bit on the mean, scary side, but you have me at your side! Don't worry!"

As we begin walking, I look at the floor and refuse to look up or speak to him as we walk to their pack house. I block out all his nagging, and chatter. I don't want to write the same story twice, might as well do it once in front of his Alpha.

Drew has really changed a lot. He's grown, and I can actually call him handsome now. I wonder if he has met his mate, and if she won't mind me spending time with him. He's like my brother, my only family. Losing him was another horrible thing in a lineup of bad events in my life.

Walking into the Alpha's house, I can feel something hanging in the air. Good or bad, I can't tell but something doesn't want me to go inside.

Drew drags me in, and my insides begin to shake. With fear. 

A/N: Triple update! :)